Keep slipping

Options
Hey guyz

im back again this is probably my 3rd time i lose weight but then give up and quickly gain it back again, feel horrible about that.

So this time im going to try community support, so anyone who is in the same boat or motivated users add me so this time i dont fall back and achieve my goal :)

Replies

• antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    yeaaah good you came back you can def melt those pounds away and everyone here i talked to has been awesome!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Glad you haven't completely given up! Many of us have gone through the same thing and I'll tell you what finally did it for me this time...

1) Don't just do this to "get skinny" because that's not a good enough reason for me to stay committed. Do it becuase I'm worth the time and energy it takes to be a fit person and it's good for my health and longevity.

2) Don't feel like you have to starve yourself or avoid certain things to lose weight. This is why I've failed in the past. No pizza, no carbs, no chocolate and things like salad for meals...yeah that never lasted long. Now I eat foods I like, I just try to keep the portions low and make healthy substitutions that are still tasty.

3) While support is good, you can't fully depend on other people. I'd have a gym buddy then they bailed so I bailed too. Then I had a friend who was becoming a personal trainer and I was her guinea pig and did well for a while but she stopped checking up on me so I stopped doing the work. Of course ultimately it was me who failed but it was so much easier to blame it on them for failing me.

Best of luck to you!
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    welcome back....and its okay to "fall of the wagon" it happens...we are human...we ALL have bad days!! but the important part is getting back to it!
  • sndiaz
    sndiaz Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same place in my life. You wouldn't happen to be in Las Vegas, would you?? I'd love to have a new friend -
    We could support each other and meet our challenges together!
    Best of Luck-
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

3) While support is good, you can't fully depend on other people. I'd have a gym buddy then they baled so I baled too. Then I had a friend who was becoming a personal trainer and I was her guinea pig and did well for a while but she stopped checking up on me so I stopped doing the work. Of course ultimately it was me who failed but it was so much easier to blame it on them for failing me.

Best of luck to you!

I was going to say something similar. Yes, support is good to help you, but don't depend on it to keep you from giving up. You need to be dedicated to this and you shouldn't be doing it for anybody other than yourself either.
  • Onmyway39
    Onmyway39 Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome back this is my fifth time coming back and i feel the same way. I plan to stick to my goals. We can do this!!!!:smile:
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Remember that it is a slow process and it wont all happen at once. But if you keep at it it will work.
  • inanotherpickle
    Options
    I hear ya!!

I told my hubby Sunday i lost 5lbs and her looked behind me and said " I found It" I had to laugh cause it was true, weight was back up again. rollercoaster. I'm thinking to only wiegh myseilf once a week, then I won't get disappointed.
    (don't worry my hubby isn't being mean, we laugh and joke all the time!! He supports me totally. In 2002 he weighed over 350 lbs, and landed in the hospital to find out he was a diabetic and had to lose weight. He is my inspiration....he did it. Unfortunatly we hadn't gotten together as a couple until 3 years ago. I knew him though as a friend through the years.
  • weightlose88
    weightlose88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thx guyz for amazing answers :) its this support that keeps bringing me back and motivating myself to do it

can i ask what do you guyz substitute food wise, usually at night is when i get hungry around 10-12 and i end up giving up and ordering a pizza or unhealthy food
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    welcome back :)

Ive been gone for a while too. For me it was that I was putting in all the work and nothing was happening. I stayed committed for a full year so I know I can do it again. Ive gained almost all my weight back but im already losing again so I know you can too!!! Feel free to ad me, Im always looking for new friends! Good luck on your journey!
  • MinnieInMaine
    Options
    thx guyz for amazing answers :) its this support that keeps bringing me back and motivating myself to do it

can i ask what do you guyz substitute food wise, usually at night is when i get hungry around 10-12 and i end up giving up and ordering a pizza or unhealthy food

If you're really hungry, it's my belief that you should eat something. I also believe there's nothing wrong with pizza as a meal but it's not the best midnight snack. Try to find something that's 100-300 calories that will satiate your hunger and taste good but won't blow your daily calories out of the water. Fruit, veg with dip/hummus, nuts, seeds, spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter, some light popcorn, snack bars, cereal, etc.

If you're not sure you're "really" hungry and might just be craving something or just bored, try brushing your teeth, having a big glass of water and going to bed. What are you doing up that late anyway young lady?
    :wink: :laugh:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!! No 'diets' its lifetime changes and change is Hard, we are creatures of habit, but its worth it (I hope! lol)

two steps forward, one step back..... we all fall sometimes, its about getting up, dusting yourself off and going at it again!
  • weightlose88
    weightlose88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

If you're really hungry, it's my belief that you should eat something. I also believe there's nothing wrong with pizza as a meal but it's not the best midnight snack. Try to find something that's 100-300 calories that will satiate your hunger and taste good but won't blow your daily calories out of the water. Fruit, veg with dip/hummus, nuts, seeds, spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter, some light popcorn, snack bars, cereal, etc.

If you're not sure you're "really" hungry and might just be craving something or just bored, try brushing your teeth, having a big glass of water and going to bed. What are you doing up that late anyway young lady?
    :wink: :laugh:

lol thx for the answer :P btw i am a Guy lol so yea lol

anywayz i usually go to sleep around 12 or 1 but ill try that drink water and sleep :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    Options
    Oops, sorry, my bad, didn't check!
  • quiquenobi
    quiquenobi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cool to see that you are back! Just like you I slipped and I took a break 2 weekends in a row from all the diet and exercises. I added 5 lbs, but since then went back to exercising and lost them back. HOWEVER I am unhappy at myself for throwing away almost 2 weeks. i could be ahead of my goal but i am not cause i gave in for a few days. So I hope that you dont do the same cause let me tell you that the feeling really SUCKS!! Dont get discouraged and keep on doing what you are doing to loose weight, I'm pretty sure that all of us are going to be happy with the end Results!!

PSI think that we all need that extra push the same way that I do.... If there is ever a time that I dont log on, feel free to return the push, Lord knows I need it. lol Nice to meet ya!