HEAT

Options
How do you all stay motivated with the summer heat. We have no A/C in the house and I am just drained. I can't even get motivated to work out at the gym b/c they don't even have A/C there... HELP!

Replies

• Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but I'm in South Texas and it's too hot to live here without A/C! Sorry, I have no suggestions at all for you. It makes me tired just thinking about it..lol.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Wake up early. Get your workout done first thing.
  • BethPitorak
    Options
    I live in northeast Ohio and we have a real heat wave going on. Even with several fans in the house - our house is at 92 degrees on the thermostat. It was 89 degrees outside this morning at 6:30am. :(
  • xxxlimitxxx
    Options
    If you got a pool go in there, or a area public pool and do laps, or wait til later in the day just before sunset to get a run in, I hear the early morning is best though...:smile:
  • mel726
    mel726 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in NY so I am feeling your pain right now. Try swimming or taking a walk at night just make sure to bring water! Hopefully It will cool off soon. Good luck! Or sometimes Gyms will give you a free one week trial membership maybe there is another one that has a/c.
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, its 105 where i live in Cali and even with the air cond its hott! I get up early to do my workouts and then shower right after to cool off, makes me feel good to get a good workout in the am, i do better with my eating all day because i worked so hard that i dont want to ruin it lol Good luck!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I couldnt imagine no A/C, its over 100 every day
  • steph_armstrong
    Options
    I'm here in Texas and it stays above 100 here mostly all summer. I usually get up early in the mornings to do my workouts, or I go around sunset and always ave plenty of water nearby. Cold showers afterwards help too. If you have a pool you can swim in the morning or later in the day. Never do things in the hottest part of the day. Keep your fans on in the house and if you have floor fans you can put a bucket of ice infront so that when the air hits you get a cool breeze going instead of the hot breeze. Just a few pointers and things I did until my a/c got fixed. Hope it helps.
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm feeling your pain. It's extremely hot here right now. My suggestion would be very early morning, or at night......outside while it's cooler. Good luck!