Would Like some support?

Hi! I'm a young female who is trying to lose weight before she goes into college. I want to lose 125 lbs because I'd be my ideal weight which is 125. I might go down to 115 but my goal for now is 125. I use to try to lose weight before and tried doing it too quickly and ended up gaining more than I loss. I don't want this again. I really want friends who are willing to help me. I don't care how old or how much you weigh, I just want some support. My family doesn't really support me and actually makes fun of me more than help me. But I love them so that's how far I'll go with what i have to say about them.

I've been teased and bullied to the point that I can't take anymore and really want it to stop. I use to be thin but started skipping breakfast and eating mostly McDonalds as I prefered it over a home cooked meal as a kid (not anymore. I hate McDonalds now and only eat their side salad and about once a month, their spicy chicken sandwich because I need a quick meal while I'm volunteering).

After that, I gained a lot of weight quickly and failed to realize the source until I was already 70lbs over weight.

I don't talk to my friends about it either because one of them actually laughs and brings it up out loud in front of others and that hurted. I mean, obviously I'm way overweight but I didn't need her talking like that....it's like she wanted to embarrass me.

A lot of people say I'd be way prettier if I was skinny but I'm not doing it for them. I'm doing it for myself.

I know it's long but I have so much to say about this topic, it's crazy ^^; Also, I'm not really 18 but not far from it, but this site is my favorite dieting site and it says you have to be 18+ so I made it with my older sister's permission.

Replies

• sirromford
    sirromford Posts: 22 Member
    Hi, please feel free to add me, I have an open diary and am heavily into my training and love to offer much support and advice where I can.
  • MoonlightAileen
    MoonlightAileen Posts: 1 Member
    Honestly, I think there is a lot of pressure on young woman to weigh a certain amount, otherwise they won't be "pretty/worthy of attention". But you are. No matter what you weigh or don't weigh, or what hurtful things the people in your life say, you are worthy of love and support. And, it's time you start treating yourself that way. Take care of your physical body. Eat well, treat yourself occasionally, and move reguarly. If your body is healthier at a lighter weight, then it will happen naturally as long as you take care of yourself. And don't be afraid to say "I deserve to be treated with more respect than that" to the people in your life.
  • SilverlMelody
    SilverlMelody Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you, sirromford. :) I added you and thank you to the post above. I understand that and agree as well. There is a lot of pressure for women to be thin. I want to be thin though, not because of the pressure (though it does play a part), I want to be thin because I feel uncomfortable in this body. I hate not being able to do things that people who weigh less are able to. I want to be able to put on jeans and not have to worry about it being too small or hard to put on. I don't want to be one of the people who stay overweight and unhealthy for their whole life.

I want to be happy and one of the things that'll make me happy is having a better body, diet, and overall, more self esteem and confidence that was ripped away because of my size. I know you should be happy the way you are now but I'm not but I won't kill myself for it. I am taking the right steps to losing weight. I don't deprive myself of a little chocolate or ice cream once in a while but I'm learning to control my portions and urges. :)

But thank you. I wish I could say those things to the people in my life but I'm shy and also a bit of a loser so it's hard xD

And they often tell me I'm too sensitive so I pretend it doesn't bother me.
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Hi there,

Feel free to add me, I'm happy to be supportive and offer any help that I can. I log in every day and also have a goal weight of 125. I'm sorry to hear your family and friends at home aren't supportive, I know how hard it can be to talk about it with people, but we're all here for you and your journey! Best of luck!

:)
    Brie
  • BlueTangerine
    BlueTangerine Posts: 2 Member
    Hey there!

Would love as much support from you as you want from me! Also young and needing to lose some significant weight. We can share tips and give motivation? add me up!