Paleo Friends

Options
Hello all-
I'm new to the Paleo lifestyle (as in a few weeks). I'm looking for support and ideas of what to bring to work for lunch etc. What can I freeze? I live alone and cooking for one is difficult.
Thanks

Replies

• ktkissee
    ktkissee Posts: 3
    Options
    I am also new to this but I have the drive to do it right!! I am sticking to All organic foods, no dairy and no breads. For instance today for lunch I have 6 oz organic free range chicken breast baked with salt free seasoning, 1/3 cup cooked long grain brown rice and 1 cup steamed broccoli. Drinking TONS of water as well.. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and gave myself the challange of only buying things from the perimeter of the store... I have always preached staying out of the isles but this was my first attempt and I did it!!! the only time I had to go into a isle was for my salt free season... :)
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congrats on a healthy lifestyle first of all! Paleo is a trying lifestyle (and notice I didn't say diet) :) I have been doing Paleo off and on for over a year, but fully invested now. Attempt to keep your diet 80% Paleo and 20% as close as you can get it. If you stick with 80/20, you will definitely see results. Also, remember that Paleo is not just a weight loss plan; it's an overall health plan. You will not only feel physically healthier, but mentally, too.

Some things I like to do for lunch is bring a salad full of spinach and spring mix and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, etc). You can grill up chicken the night before and reheat it for a few at work. Add some homemade vinaigrette and you have a full a meal. If you're not into salads or get bored, why not do something in the crockpot and then portion it out? You can freeze the portions, pull them out the night before to defrost and reheat it at work.

I'm not sure what level of Paleo you want to get to (there are the more relaxed and then the more extreme), but the key is to not over think it. If you want more advice or tips, let me know. There are tons of blogs and websites out there dedicated to Paleo, too. Be sure to check them out!
  • Rubacca
    Rubacca Posts: 1
    Options
    I am just hearing about Paleo Living and am very interested. what mad you decide to go this way? It's nerve wracking thinking about all the fat intake, but it is healthy fats.

Any tips or suggestions where I can go online to get more information?