Hiding the scale

This is not a question, just a general post. I am tired of stepping on the scale once a week and seeing no results or very little results, if not a gain. I told my son to hide the scale from me and that I would ask for it back in a month. Then, if I do not see decent results, I will ask my doctor what is going on. I lost weight at a fast rate before (took 3 months to lose 30 pounds). While I realize that is considered too fast, I still compare it to now, which is less than a pound a week, if that.

Replies

• I'm finding just the opposite. I weigh myself every morning at the same time before breakfast. I religiously track when and what I eat, how much water I drink and my exercise sessions. Because I do this, I'm able to identify why my weight went up or down and make the appropriate corrections for the following day. Since I began exercising and correcting my diet. I've lost 37 pounds in 8 weeks...20 since finding this app for my tablet. Perhaps I'm somewhat obsessive, but I find my tracking system to be an inspiration, in that I have daily challenges to get rid of the weight and increase my level of fitness. Typically, my most frequent challenge is to get my caloric intake high enough at every meal. I still have a long way to go, but I've pushed through a third of the excess weight already.
  • skinnysprice
    skinnysprice Posts: 5 Member
    I do the same thing. I find it discouraging to see little to no results, but of course I still weigh myself every couple of days! As women I know our water retention has a lot to do with fluctuation. Caloric intake is the biggest key to success. I went to the doc and had my resting metobolic rate tested. I found instead of 2400 calories burned per day like a "normal" person for my age, I only burn about 1700 calories at rest. So, I can adjust my calories to about 1200 per day and safely lose 1 lb per week as advised by my doc. You could go have that test done so you know exactly how many calories you should be consuming every day to lose the weight at a rate you would like.