Just Introducing myself

Options
Hi,

I am a 47 year old female (will be 48 this month) who recently quit smoking. I have always been thin, until a couple of months ago. Also, since 2007, I have had this desk job, and have become quite the couch potato. Until I quit smoking, I really didn't care, I didn't know I COULD feel so much better.

Anyway, now that I feel so much more healthy from the not smoking, I am trying to once again get fit, it has been a SLOW GO!! I came across this site today, and joined so I could track my exercise and food intake...not so much the calories, as the quality of food I eat.

I have three sons, ages 22, 24 and 26. The reason I'm trying to get healthy again is because I hope to one day have grandchildren to chase after!! Having smoked since the age of 13, I really didn't think I could quit, and now that I've been a little over a month and feel SO MUCH BETTER than I ever thought possible; for the first time in a couple of years, I believe I may be able to get in good enough shape to chase after the little buggers (that is if they don't wait until I'm too old)!!

Looking forward to a long, prosperous journey with my new friends...

Julie

Replies

• princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I am not totally new here but am back to get in shape! I started first a year ago to get in shape for my niece's wedding and I did well. I am a 44 yr old mom of 3 boys 10, 8 and 6. I got pregnant and if you read my blog here it explains more in detail. I am back to keep track of what I eat and drink (that counts too!) I wish you all the best and everyone else on here too no matter the reason!

It is just good that we are here!

Michelle
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow, 6, 8, and 10! I remember those ages!!

I will check out your blog, just as soon as I figure out how to find it!! Today is my first day, and I am still learning how to navigate the site!! I sent an email to both my sisters with the url, so hopefully they'll check it out!

I never really worried about health much, but my sisters and I were talking over lunch last week about how we NEED to get healthy. Dad was a farmer when we were coming up, and we were talking about how we used to walk almost all day every day(except for school hours) doing some chore, working in the field, or hauling wood for the winter heat. We never even thought about "exercise". Now that we're getting older, the "not worrying" is showing on all of us....not just the way we look but the way we feel.

What is the "title" of you blog, maybe I could find it easier that way???

BTW, it's really nice to meet you!!
  • eatyourselffitter
    eatyourselffitter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome! I've been here since Nov 2012. I have a long way to go but can relate because I quit smoking 8 weeks ago.I smoked for MANY years. I'm finding it fairly easy to stay smoke free and really think that changing everything about the way I eat, live etc has helped a lot and makes it all one big package. Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends and support. I log everyday and everything I eat. Plus, I can always use support myself! Congrats on quitting!
  • vjdancer
    vjdancer Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Julie -

First - big congrats on kicking the nicotine! If you can give that up after smoking since you were 13 - sounds like you have what it takes to reach your weight loss goals! :flowerforyou:

I am new here myself, literally signed up yesterday and I am looking to lose a large amount of weight, over 100 pounds. It still sounds so daunting just to say, so after today, I'm not saying it anymore. I'll be saying "10 lbs to lose" anywhere from 12 - 14 times. LOL. I'll be celebrating with crafty stuff and other NON-FOOD rewards at every 10 lb mark.

I'm in my 40's and don't even have any kids to show for all these extra pounds (just poor choices and lack of exercise) but I want to feel better and start enjoying my life so I'm hoping to make a big change for the better. It occurred to me a few months ago that I really do not have a life. I'm not a rich by any means, but it occurred to me a few months ago that I let my weight stop me from doing more things than my budget does! That has to change.

Hopefully we can keep each other motivated and all reach our weight loss goals!

VJ