Hi!

Options
I'm a 32-year-old wife and mom. I work from home. At the computer. At my desk. Not moving for hours at a time. And my figure has started to strongly reflect this situation. I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs and get into much better shape, with much better habits, ie, habits that include getting up off of my butt more than never ;)

I used to be very athletic and have gained and lost weight once before. This time, I'm hoping to get it off and keep it off. Last time I went through this, I had a few spectacular online weight loss buddies who really helped keep me on track and remind me why it was important. I'd love to have a friend this time around too!

Replies

• NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    Add me if you'd like!
  • claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Its hard sitting at a desk all day! Feel free to add me! :)
  • GettinIT6
    GettinIT6 Posts: 44
    Options
    I love chatting with others and giving ideas, advice, support, and help so feel free to ask me anything:) I have been there done that!
  • JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    I understand completely about working at a computer sitting for hours! I get so tired of sitting at work from 8-5!
  • DeskJobSlump
    Options
    Thanks! I joined myfitnesspal about 3 months ago and invited some real-life friends to join with me... but no one did. Now I'm about 2 lbs heavier (not much, but... sure haven' t lost anything!) and I haven't really made any changes. Warmer weather always makes it feel easier to get up and active, so I'm going to try to use that as motivation to really get started this time.. My goal right now is to exercise every day, and log in here every day. I think it'll help to have some friends... so that someone can see what I post.. and so that I can see that other people are making progress :)

It's just one of those things that's hard.. and no one holds me accountable except myself... so it ends up taking a back seat to everything else!

When I was in school, I had a minor back injury and gained a lot of weight.. more than I'm dealing with now.. and once I finally started taking it seriously, I managed to get into good shape again. So.. I know that I can do this! But with the kids, time management has become more of a problem than it used to be. I think I just need to mentally set exercise as a high priority! :)
  • Jcwasere2
    Options
    Yep that sedetary work life has got me too.......real bummer when fit and healthy was the norm....

Willing to help you fight the fight if you want to add me