HCG Diet

Options
Has anyone who has done this in the past been able to keep the weight off? What were your frustrations about the diet and did you do the 26 day or 43 day? weight loss total? Thoughts, etc.

Thanks

Sorry this may be HGC

Replies

• Clashius
    Clashius Posts: 1
    Options
    I have done the HCG diet twice. Both times I did the 26 Day Program. The first time I did it I was very vigilant and I followed it to a T. I did the three week maintenance period as well. The second time I did it I wasn't as vigilant and I didn't really do the maintenance period. I kept all the weight off from the first time, the second round I gain some back but not all. The diet does work but only if you follow the instructions. I order it from HCGdiet.com, they were great and real helpful with my questions and concerns, and the price wasn't bad either. They even gave it to me for less the second time around cause I was a returning customer. If you want to lose weight fast and feel great I would suggest HCG as an option. I lost a total of 50 lbs between the two times I did it.
  • djtomlinson
    Options
    I am on day 4 of the 26 day program. I am taking the drops and not the injections. I am hoping this will give me the jump start I need to stay motivated. A lot of planning goes into the program. You have to plan out your meals and be prepared. Since this only day 4 - I have not noticed any changes.
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am on day 20 of the hcg diet VLCD18 and have lost 16.2 pounds so far, i feel great have tons of energy and for the most part have to remind myself to eat! I did a ton of research before starting and personally know a few people that have done it, one over 2 years ago lost a total of 65 pounds and has stayed at that weight with healthy diet and workouts . The diet isnt just an easy fix, you have to sitck to it but i have to say it has been well worth it, in fact my hubby started yesterday after seeing my great results so far! Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to msg me

Jessica :)
  • djtomlinson
    Options
    What is VLCD18?
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    very low calorie day 18, or very low calorie diet (day) 18...I am guessing from what I know about the diet.
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes VLCD just stands for what day of the Very low calorie diet you are on :)
  • JoyfulJC
    JoyfulJC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, yep, I have completed the HCG diet and I know of a number of people that have had success with it as well. I agree with Jb27, the diet isn't just a quick fix. The weight may come off quickly but it is important that you follow the protocol to the T and really pay attention during your 4 weeks of maintenance. I did a 40 day program and lost 25lbs. My parents also did the 40 day program and my mom lost 23 and my dad lost 30. They are both off of their high blood pressure meds and my mom no longer has to take her diabetes meds. I have maintained my weight loss within 4 lbs of my last injection weight (you are actually supposed to be 2 lbs - within your last injection weight) but I've had a three weekends of BAD eating and BAD drinking :/ so I'm paying for that now. When I am behaving - which is typically 95% of the time I try to eat clean whole foods and limit my sugar and bad starches. I felt great when I was on the diet and actually notice that my completion got very clear. It has gotten worse since I've been eating more processed foods, etc. I plan to try to lose the remaining 10-15 lbs that I need to lose by the end of the summer and if I don't do that then I will go back on the program. The GNC (here in Kansas City) sells the drops. I did the injections and got the prescription from a compounding pharmacy. I've heard that the quality of the HCG can vary greatly.

Best of luck! Jen
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    bump!
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    where can you buy the incections without seeing a docter?
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just try to google HGC or HCG diet. It will come up with alot. Another user suggested HCGdiet.com. But these are for the homeopathic drops not the injections.

Injections I think would have to come with a RX from the Dr.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I msg'ed you my recommendations.