Thurman 6-week make-over

Options
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had tried the Micheal Thurman's 6-week makeover diet. I started it today:smile: and I am wondering what to expect. Any experiences?

Thanks,

Replies

• ZeeCee72
    ZeeCee72 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! I tried it about 4 years ago and honestly, I found it TOO restrictive so I had trouble sticking to the plan. You know his whole thing is you eating the "right foods" for your body type.. I was so bored it was ridiculous! I could only stick it out for ONE week then I abandoned ship:laugh: Now, that was just me... it may actually work for YOU. Good luck!!:smile:
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I did it a few years ago. I lost 10 pounds in a week. I did find that it wasn't flexible enough for me. I was a body type B, and there was a lot I could eat, but so much MORE that I couldn't. Give it time, though. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. Good luck with it, and keep us posted : )
  • RB12000
    RB12000 Posts: 43
    Options
    hey there! I am with Zee and Odonna. I tried, several times. When I stuck to it, I did great. But I felt so limited that I kept eating really bad things to make up for all I was missing!! Then the weight came back. I needed more variety... BUT there are lots of people who have been successful. I just couldn't do it. I wish you success, though!!
  • TheTrophyWife
    TheTrophyWife Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs in 6 weeks using the 6WBMO. The plan works great! I didn't find it to be too restrictive. There are lots of recipes that you can find on their site. I got lazy about cooking which is why I fell off the wagon however, his method is sound. I continued with the mini meals but I didn't exercise. I gained a bit of it back but any time I felt like I was gaining too much, I could just pick the program back up. The amazing thing is that once you learn how to eat for your body type, you won't forget it. Currently I am doing a hybrid of Herbalife and the 6WBMO with good results. Once I finish the Herbalife weight loss challenge, I'm going back to the 6WBMO. I think the hardest part about the program is eating only fresh or fresh frozen products. I didn't use any type of canned goods or pre-packaged meals. If you don't have a lot of time this can be overwhelming but if you can prepare your meals a day ahead or even a week in advance you'll succeed on this program.

Good luck to you!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It works if you can deal with the restrictions and the time required to do it correctly. I found it too restrictive and gave up after 8 weeks the first time, 6 the second. Making the meals before hand for the week wasn't an issue, just getting the time to EAT them on schedule was. I could not run off and eat every 2-3 hours, and I flat refused to carry food in my pocket and eat it in the bathroom as was suggested to me multiple times. I found the website rather unhelpful most of the time when looking for soloutions to my problems, the pat answer was that any variation off the plan (food or eatting schedule) would result in failure. I wish you luck!