not diligent

Options
hi!

I've tried this before. it's not about knowing what to do for me. I know exactly what to do. ive done it before. the right way. smaller portions, cleaner eating, moderate exercise, plenty of water. 50 lbs by myself and kept it off for 4 years. then stressful events entered in and I caved. over the last 2 years, ive gained every bit of it back. the MFP tool is very useful. its just me. like I just forget to do it.

but im gonna start today again and try. it's like im to the point that I don't feel there's any hope for me anymore to lose. im 41. female, 5'5" and weigh 220. I carry it well apparently because my doctor says he just didn't think I weighed this much. for some reason, I just don't feel like I can do it anymore. like I cant imagine 6 months from now being different. but im gonna try. ive never had anything like MFP and a community of support so maybe this will make the difference. thanks for being willing to encourage others--I really need it! here we go!

Replies

• JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    You can do anything you set your mind to. The past is the past now lets make a better future for ourselves! :smile:
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do you have your mind made up? I at my highest was 212 and I am 5'4" I lost down to 157 and then over the past 10 years let my self gain a lot of it back. I had resigned myself to being overweight because I couldn't get motivated. Well in January after a 21 day prayer fast it just clicked and I am beyond motivated. I have lost 25 pounds so far and MFP has been great, I did it by myself the first time but this time is sooo much better. All of the support and recipe ideas and the fact the MFP does all the calculations for you is so great! You can do this!! If you want to add me as a friend I can be an encouragement to you.
  • whitneywee
    Options
    wow! thanks both pam and jonnaM! first time I ever posted. thought i'd really be just talking to myself. but to answer your question pam, I 'think' I have my mind made up. I mean, if it's all I ever think about and complain about don't I 'want' to? sometimes im afraid that im not giving the MFP counter the exact amount of food (not on purpose) so im wondering if it's really calculating correctly. see, ive been and had a physical because of the way ive been physical. absolutely NOTHING wrong or abnormal with my thyroid and hormones. all my bloodwork numbers were great. excellent blood pressure and cholesterol. and I really don't think I sit around eating. I know maybe my portion sizes at meals may be too big. o well.....sooo.......all I can do is start from here. my daily calorie goal is 19
    1600 and I would like to lose 30 on the conservative side and 50 would be a really lofty goal. and i'll ad you for sure if I can figure out how to.. thanks so much!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    wow! thanks both pam and jonnaM! first time I ever posted. thought i'd really be just talking to myself. but to answer your question pam, I 'think' I have my mind made up. I mean, if it's all I ever think about and complain about don't I 'want' to? sometimes im afraid that im not giving the MFP counter the exact amount of food (not on purpose) so im wondering if it's really calculating correctly. see, ive been and had a physical because of the way ive been physical. absolutely NOTHING wrong or abnormal with my thyroid and hormones. all my bloodwork numbers were great. excellent blood pressure and cholesterol. and I really don't think I sit around eating. I know maybe my portion sizes at meals may be too big. o well.....sooo.......all I can do is start from here. my daily calorie goal is 19
    1600 and I would like to lose 30 on the conservative side and 50 would be a really lofty goal. and i'll ad you for sure if I can figure out how to.. thanks so much!

Good luck to you I hope you meet all your goals! When you really make up your mind and get into it and are serious,devoted,and decide excuses are not your friend I am always open to accept hard core friends that wont lie or not comment so they dont offend me or hurt my feelings. I do the same for them in return. As always starting out take it slow I am in my turtle phase still as well I am a newb too! But a 1st time newb :drinker:
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you can def knock it out!