I want to wear my body media core on my right arm

Options
I bought the body media core recently it says to wear it on your left arm so I have been. The problem is I have issues with my left arm do to MS and it really bothers it. If I change it to my right arm and put that I am left handed will it be alright?

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Anybody?
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Does this thing track your heart rate? If so then I would say the right arm would not work. Soryy I am new and have never heard of it.
  • kikiloo
    kikiloo Posts: 14
    Options
    What I have read is it's not a accurate on the right arm, but flip it upside down if you do put it on the right arm. Some also wear it on their calf.
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    Options
    It works on both arms and do to MS i switch it back and forth each day to prevent soreness, but it tracks just fine on both....
    I have found if you move it around and try different spots on back of upper arm you can find a spot that does not bother you so bad.
    I can not wear it just above elbow, painful for me I wear it higher on that arm... my biggest issue is with sleeping I have to switch arms sometimes to get comfy to sleep

BUT I DO NOT SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ARMS WHEN I LOOK AT THE TRACKING!
    JUST RELAX FIND A COMFY SPOT AND JUST DO IT!:heart:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    What I have read is it's not a accurate on the right arm, but flip it upside down if you do put it on the right arm. Some also wear it on their calf.

On the calf, that is interesting! I might try that out and see what difference it makes. It may be better than not wearing it at all when I have a nice top on with short sleeves and I am teaching or something. It just looks too silly.

ETA: There is a 5-10% error with normal wear depending on the activity, so I would probably assume that would increase with abnormal wear and leave myself some calories at the end of the day.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I think I will try the other arm tomorrow, should I switch and say I am left handed, I am assuming it asks that for a reason?