Biscuit Weakness

Options
Hello!

I have a weakness for biscuits, it's true.
At the moment the only ones I eat are Rich Tea and Digestives. The Digestives taste alot better but have loads more calories, sugar and fat in them...suprise suprise.

Does anyone know the 'healthiest' biscuits in regards to fat, calories and especially SUGAR.

Thanks!

Replies

• sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Ikea do some really nice oat crisp biscuits, they are nice and thin and crispy and about 33 cals each.

Unfortunately they come in a box of about 60, so you have to trust yourself to ration them, lol
  • lstudholme
    Options
    Thanks, I shall try them.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ok, so don't think I'm too crazy for this!!

I also have a biscuit weakness and have discovered that my 2 year olds toddler biscuits (Heinz Organic Biscotti) taste that same as Rich Tea biscuits! With only 20 cals per biscuit and low sugar!!

It might not be for everyone but it has certainly helped me when I fancy a biccie or 2! Can even have 5 for 100 cals snack! :) I like to dip them in a WW yoghurt mmmmm!
    -x-x-
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    erghh... dont even get me started.. they are my arch enemy! haa! Chocolate HobNobs get me.. EVERY time!!

Havent found a low cal/sugar alternative...

Damn those biscuits!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Try staying away from them...I used to be biscuit freak but stopped eating them a while back...now they are only a treat and I enjoy them much more! They are empty calories...try it...you may be suprised!

However, weight watchers do a few biscuits! Another way is to seperate the packet of biscuits into groups of 2/3 biscuits and when you are hungry, remove a bag and enjoy them all....x:flowerforyou:
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I spent a year living in England and got addicted to digestives, but when I moved back to the States, they were very hard to find. The closest thing that we have here are graham crackers, which are lighter but have a similar wheaty sweetness to them. I've also seen them listed in healthy magazines as a type of cookie/biscuit that is not so bad for you. So if you can find American graham crackers, that might be a good substitute...
  • lstudholme
    Options
    These baby biscuits sound good, I will look out for some.
  • lstudholme
    Options
    All this talk of biscuits has made me have a dunking session. Sod it.