FINALLY! A small win that I needed SO badly.

Options
So for the last 6 months I've been stuck...just sitting at 222lbs. The scale wouldn't move, and it still hasn't. I was getting really depressed, but it finally happened...I had a small win that I desperately needed. Even though I've been getting significantly stronger, the weight wasn't moving and I still felt fat as ever. Yesterday, I went and bought some new jeans because I destroyed my favorite 12 year old pair of jeans. Guess what? I went down from a very difficult to find size 37 in mens to a comfortable 34 fit. Same weight, but FINALLY I found a victory!

Replies

• laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That's great! I too am stuck at my numbers yet I'm down sizes...the body is a weird thing! haha
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Inches are always better than pounds!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! scales can be so deceiving. they don't know the difference between fat and muscle. i try to go by how my clothes fit, and it always feels good to fit into a smaller size! KEEP IT UP!
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Screw the scale. Take your measurements instead!
  • sullymanjohn
    Options
    Now I just want to get my waist down to my senior year: The impossible to find size 27!
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    that's awesome =)
  • leoisillon
    leoisillon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That is a huge success congrats!
  • Blue_EyedGemini
    Options
    NSVs are the *best*, aren't they! I tell people who are worried about the scale that I'm two sizes smaller at 160 than I was at 135. It shuts them up (when they say I'm too heavy for my height, because I'm not).

Congrats, congrats, congrats! 27 is *wee*!
  • geminirl
    geminirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • niekkosgirl
    niekkosgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hard work is paying off!
  • smadacarlyle
    smadacarlyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Screw the scale. Take your measurements instead!

exactly!!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    congrats and all buddy but when God almighty gave you the power to pee standing up his only requirement was that you never refer to yourself as "feeling fat"
  • lindak1948
    Options
    congrats!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Inches are always better than pounds!

I'll take inches any day and twice on Sunday.
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love NSV!! I am so sick of the scales that don't move fast. But my husband told me that I need to go buy new jeans because the ones I was wearing were to baggy.....yea
  • sullymanjohn
    sullymanjohn Posts: 101
    Options
    haha i know it! I barely existed when I was at 155. I'll probably head down to the 180 range.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! :drinker:
  • kittpitt
    kittpitt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you got muscles :bigsmile:
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!