Protein

Options
MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
Hey MFPers. I'm lookin' for help again.

Everyday, I pretty much fail to get in my 100 grams of protein. I'm not much of a meat person, and I can't stand lowfat cheese or nuts.

Is there some way to get extra protein in? I'd prefer to get it in for breakfast (I already get about 35-45 grams for dinner). I've een doing one whole egg and two egg whites scrambled, but it's only giving me about 15 grams of protein.

I'll apologize in advance- I'm a really picky eater, lol. I'd like to get in a bare minimum of 25 grams of protein for breakfast. Is this possible?

Replies

• decemberg
    decemberg Posts: 26
    Options
    Maybe try qunioa or a good protein shake....search for other foods high in protein that aren't in "meat" form.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Eggs (veggie omlette with some beans or legumes for a double punch, or scrambled with a bit of milk), yogurt, peanut butter (only natural of course), cottage cheese, milk and soya milk . . . all protein rich and good for breakfast!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    * If you throw your eggs on a Orowheat Sandwich Thin or Earth Grain Thin Bun..... you can add 5g of protein there. Then top the eggs with a piece of lean ham or turkey bacon (whatever you enjoy); that will add a few more grams for you.

* Blend a chocolate protein powder with fat free or low fat milk

* Sprinkle protein powder (vanilla or chocolate) on oatmeal
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, particularly Greek yogurt, provides a lot of protein. I like mine with a small spoon of jam or honey in it, or with fresh fruit. I even like it plain, but some people aren't crazy about the tang. FAGE makes one called Total that comes in a 0% fat and is my favorite (I lived in Greece for 2 years and this was the yogurt I ate exclusively). Nut butters are also good for protein (I know you said you don't like nuts, though...). Quaker Weight Control oatmeal has 7g of protein and doesn't taste too bad for an instant oatmeal (I generally despise instant, but I like the cinnamon flavor).
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You're more than welcome to look at my diary (it's public)...I try to combine a lean protein with a complex carb at every meal. Most 'big' meals, I'm getting 25+ g of protein plus snacks.