wtf, Male/Female HRMs?

So I'm in the process of buying my FIRST HRM (sooo excited!!) and I've decided on the Polar FT4 since I really only need something basic and it's cheaper than the FT7.

But apparently there's a FT4M and FT4F? Meant for males and females? Is there any difference besides the color and the chest strap size? I have a large ribcage so a larger band would be find, and I don't want a stupid pink thing on my wrist. Will I be okay buying a FT4M?

I think I want http://www.fitnessdigital.ie/polar-ft4m-blue-10003242-p.html this one :)

Replies

• mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    I don't know if there's much difference between the FT4M and FT4F, but I just bought the FT4F (because I liked the stupid pink thing even though there were more masculine color choices available) and I'm happy with it. I've seen different calculations for target heart rates based on M/F, but didn't think much of it since there are a bazillion others that dont differentiate.
  • Okay thanks! I think I'll just get the silver one that's straight FT4 and doesn't specify a sex