Bad meeting eating.

Options
Timshel_
Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
Stupid, but I'm gonna have a little pitty party for myself. had a great meeting with the engineers and electrical guys this moring on a building project remodel I am heading up. Everything was great with lots of give and take, and lots of "yeah, let's see what we can do". I finsih up with that and run to my second meeting with IT to discuss technology requirements and it's just a disaster. First, the person in charge has an incredible bias for only the technology he thinks is good. Anything outside of that, even if he has no clue what it is, is met with a quick, "no, we don't supoort that." Then there is the level of patronizing, which just kills me. I managed IT for years and i get talked to by this guy like I have never even heard of a computer or know any cost for infrastructure. Let alone how to design systems.

So, I get out of that meeting feeling frustrated and I just give in and go for a fat burger, fries and a coke, and pretty much don't feel like trying to fit in a workout. I HATE when my enthusiasm gets zapped like that. I know it is all in my head and that 10% of my attitude is what happens and 90% is how I react to it, but damnit.....

So thanks for letting me vent.

Cheers.

/rant

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I would have been stunned by a "good" meeting and would likely have still been in shock for the second. Good meeting sounds like an oxymoron to me-my company has meetings to plan future meetings, and meetings to talk about how to hold meetings. We make choices for all kinds of reasons-being treated like an idiot is as good a reason as any other.

FYI-requirements meetings are NEVER good-on either side.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Don't get too hard on yourself- it sounds like you had a bad time. Use this as an opportunity to plan for the future. Next time there's a meeting scheduled figure out a plan B for after in case it goes poorly.

I think you should fit in some sort of exercise- even something small will make you feel better than doing nothing at all.
  • StaceySudol
    StaceySudol Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hear you. I had a horrible day today and I am now stress eating :( I'm already feeling drained and horrible from the pizza I have been eating.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would have been stunned by a "good" meeting and would likely have still been in shock for the second. Good meeting sounds like an oxymoron to me-my company has meetings to plan future meetings, and meetings to talk about how to hold meetings. We make choices for all kinds of reasons-being treated like an idiot is as good a reason as any other.

FYI-requirements meetings are NEVER good-on either side.

LOL, I had to quote this as it sounds JUST like where I work. We meet to talk about meeting.

I hate days like that. Don't beat yourself up, just move on and keep at it. We all stumble, it's the getting up that's important.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Damn IT people
  • StaceySudol
    Options
    With owning my own company I have too much stress some days. The past couple of weeks have been hell and the weight I have been losing has been coming back. I'm always tired and low on energy. I seriously hate this feeling. I barely eat all day but then at dinner I eat too much. I need to get back onto my elliptical to get out my stress! It's very hard to get back onto the horse after falling off.
  • StaceySudol
    Options
    And yes, damn IT people. My hubby is one.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Damn IT people

Be nice to IT people. Some of us are very busy meeting about meeting all day long and have to work unpaid OT to get actual work done since we were too busy meeting all day. It makes us cranky.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I guess the irony of all this is, the two IT people are my old direct boss and the Dean I worked under when I was managing in IT. You would think they would know better than to keep telling me 'no' to things I know they can (and should) do. Or to quote me BS pricing. Or to try and lecture me about technology use cases and blah, blah, blah.

Damn IT people. Glad I ain't one anymore. :P
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Oh C, I'm so sorry to hear about your day! Come on, chin up, you are better than those guys and know quite a bit more that's for sure. Take your frustrations out on a good hard workout, I promise you'll feel better. Cheers Sweetie!
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    mmmmmmh, fat burger.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    hold-a-meeting.jpg
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Too funny!!
    Now get out and show those bleachers who's the boss!!
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Yes M'am!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmh, fat burger.

Exactly what I thought!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this. It is something that we need to fix if we are going to keep off the weight that we lose. The question is, HOW DO WE FIX IT?

I had a non-work meeting last week, but it was still something that I found stressful. The first thing I did was give myself permission to go to McDonald's for a hot fudge sundae. The sundae isn't bad. It didn't cause my daily calories to look like a binge. But the emotional drive that took me to McDonald's and the soothing, drug-like experience I felt during those first few bites made me realize that I need to be more aware of WHY I eat, not just what I eat.

I've been doing some online research on "mindful" eating. I'd like to pick up a book, provided I can find one that has good cognitive behavior techniques without the Eastern religion stuff. If anyone know of such a book, please let me know.