Couch to 5k

Options
I started Couch to 5K with my husband and Sunday was Day 1, could barely get through it! Today was Day 2 and I did it!! I did it!!! I've never ran (well jogged) in my life and I'm so proud!! Wanted to cry (happy tears) and vomit! haha! (Is it normal to feel extremely nausous after running?)

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, it does get better . . . until you push yourself to the next level and have to work through it again! Welcome to running, Im just in the program myself . . . still on week one for week 2 though as I have really bad knees so want to take it slow.
    Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • rhonswan
    rhonswan Posts: 26
    Options
    How cool!! I just looked this up earlier today and starting it today when I get off work. I'm excited to start it, and really hoping I can stick with it. I'll be a couple days behind you but maybe we can compare notes!!!!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting soon too! I am just waiting for my Nike sensor to arrive! I want to be able to log my progress!
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats on starting your first week! When I did W1D1, I didn't even finish it...just couldn't get my legs to jog the last 60 seconds :( It got considerably better after that (though it was difficult, I didn't feel like I was going to be sick though...) and I just finished W4D1 last night!

Hope you enjoy working through the program and you feel less nauseous as you go!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    As a graduate of C25K I've to tell you it's awesome. Keep it up you'll love it. Now with your last comment about feeling nausous after running; you may be dehydrated make sure to drink more than the 8 cups/glasses of water a day when exercising. Good luck!
  • staceyn1
    staceyn1 Posts: 5
    Options
    i know several people that used it and had great sucess.... i'm doing it too...i'm in week 5:) good luck to ya!!!
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I never ran before in my adult life. Never thought I would. I'm now on week 8 of c2k5. 25 mins jogging, no walking. If I could do it you certainly can!
  • Nory22
    Nory22 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am on week 4 of c25k. I have repeated weeks 3 and 4 because my endurance isn't increasing but it gets better! I like the 5k distance, it's so attainable! Make sure you sign up for a local 5K run because it is a great goal and a lot of fun!
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • tabmcclure
    Options
    Hey, I am new to myfitnesspal and am loving it so far. I have thought about the Couch to 5k several times, but I have never been a jogger. It is so encouraging to read that there are other people like me that have had success with this program!!!! Which program are new joggers using? When I searched the internet for Couch to 5k I received a LOT of results. Has any new joggers used the Personal Running Trainer on their ipod/mp3 player? If so, please give me your opinion. Thanks!!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    he guys...and good luck on your new running adventure!

I will advise though that you shouldn't push yourself so far that you're feeling sick! This is a way of your body telling you to slow down....Get that heart rate up and be able to take deep breaths every now and again and you're on the right track! :flowerforyou:
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    my husband and I start week 2 tonight!! it gets easier! we are really enjoying it! Run on an empty stomach and wait until after to drink water but drink about 15 minutes before. I am still trying to figure out my breathing pattern- I think I would do better if I could figure that out. Good luck to you!