High protein low calorie concoctions?

Options
Organic whole raw foods that I can either eat as is or magically morph into something delicous. :~)

No processed suggestions please.

Just trying to increase my variety if able.

The weirder the better. :~p

Open diary for the curious. lol

Replies

• KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Search for protein bars. Someone posted a recipe for homemade lemon protein bars that looked really good! I think they were around 50 calories and 5gms of protein. Not that high but sounded great for a treat!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried making my own protein bars yet.. I have to get on that i guess.. the store bought ones so often have so much crap in them. I dont' feel like muddeling through them all.. although I do eat them occasionally. Lemon flavored ones sound yummy though!
  • lbpslah
    lbpslah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of Jamie Eason (from bodybuilding.com) protein bar recipes. They are pretty good.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I'll check that site out tonight :~)

I don't want a lot of added sugars or chemicals in my food. But I am trying to eat more protein.. I have a decent plan for today. but I'll probably skip something cause it's a lot of food and I'm not hungry right now.. and I haven't even had my sneaky snack yet..
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Bumpity bump!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, it's not even close to being perfect, but I do aim for over 100g of protein everyday. Normally the bulk of it is from chicken, tuna, or other seafood. I do have a protein shake daily (rice protein since I can't do whey). Tonight I am having pork meatballs though :) Processed = yes, delicious = yes lol
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sorry but your options are slim to none as far as whole raw foods go if you're trying to get good protein source.
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    All natural jerky. I to turkey jerky. Not the nitrated stuff, but the naturally flavored/dehydrated stuff (we have a local grocery store that makes their own).

I've been making salmon cakes out of canned salmon (but you can use fresh if you wanted).
    Salmon
    egg
    mayo or nayonaise
    a bit of worsteshire
    bit of mustard
    horseradish
    salt/pepper
    lemon squeeze
    a touch of whole wheat flour (could probably use coconut flour if you wanted it closer to paleo)

Mix, form into patties and cook in coconut oil. Delish.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    those sound good.. kinda like the tuna cakes people make. Fish I can eat.. shell fish I can't. total bummer

Anyone else have a ideas/recipes?

I can cook and prefer recipes rather then powders and bars (which i have resorted to currently)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Anyone else have any idea?
    Granola bars and Tuna cakes sound good. I'll pick up the ingredients this week and try my hand at them.
  • GettinIT6
    GettinIT6 Posts: 44
    Options
    peanut butter protein balls:) or protein pancakes!!! both easy and super yummy message me if you want the recipes!
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese pancakes
    I use 3 eggs (separated), 1/4 cup flour and 3/4 cup cottage cheese. Bliz the egg yolks/flour/cottage cheese. Whisk the egg whites to firm peaks and fold into the other mixture. Makes about 10 pancakes the diameter of the top of a coke can (so about 3 servings) for 176 calories a serving. I have them with smoked salmon on the top.

Asian fish cakes
    I don't follow a recipe on these but it's essentially 250g of firm white fish (pollack or cod is ideal), a tablespoon of thai red curry paste, 1 egg, a red chilli finely diced, about 1 tbl fish sauce, handful of finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro). Blitz the whole lot in a blender, then stir in a handful of very finely chopped green beans. Roll into small balls (a wee bit bigger than a Chupa Chups lolly) and either fry or steam.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Something involving egg whites is your best bet. They are pure protein.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    go on pinterest, to the health and fitness section. There's tons of recipies on there
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Whey Protein shake, mine is 140 calories, 27g protein, 3g carbs. Cytosport brand at Costco.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!!

scope my diary if you want -- friend me....now that i'm on paleo I crush protein!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I make tuna or salmon patties - minus the breadcrumbs- so just canned salmon/chicke/tuna, two eggs and some shredded mozarella. I amp up the spices too- garlic, chili, etc. and then top with sour cream. Paired with some stir fried brocolli and zukes, that's kind of my go to dinner lately.

I have some recipes on my pinterest board if you're interested http://www.pinterest.com/melismusing/delish
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For my lunch or snack I have been bringing to work baby spinach, small amount of mayo and either tuna or chicken to mix together for a salad.
    I also make Turkey burgers with ground turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs and grill up a few for the week and pack in my lunch for snack or lunch with low carb tortillia or spinach topping.
    2 egg whites and 1 whole egg + asparagus in low carb tortillia
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Oh- another really awesome lunch I have been loving...

1 slice ezekiel genesis bread, toasted
    half avocado
    i can organic chicken
    garlic to taste

Mush up the avocado and chicken and garlic, and top toast. You could add a boiled egg in too, for extra bonus protein. I also add some sea salt on top. Super delish.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Awesome ideas! I'll be making a list when I get home from work!!

What is pin interest?