Hello, It's good to meet others in the same boat.

Options
:smile: Hello, My name is Amanda. two years ago three people that I really cared about passed away. Food came to the rescue for my depression but the opposite for my stomach. Since Then I enrolled in a culinary program and worked as much as possible in a kitchen. That was my downfall. I began eating fast-food and over-sized and high calorie portions of food from my work. I live a pretty active lifestyle but that wasn't enough. I gained a good 50 pounds. Now, I am cutting the calories. I am just afraid that I will get tired of living off of tilapia, chicken and salad.

It's a pleasure to meet the people of myfitnesspal.

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me. once you get used to eating new foods it gets easier, go on pintrest to find good ideas
  • SallyBeekman
    Options
    Hello there. I'm pretty new to this website too. In fact, this is my first day. I have this feeling this could be the beginning of a new start for me (something I have always wished for, yet never had the strength for).
  • SallyBeekman
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. There was a time when I lost about 20 lbs. And I was also scared of reaching a point where I would get bored of eating the same thing over and over again... But I noticed that eating healthy doesn't necessarily mean you only have to eat salad and chicken. I ate (and still do) pretty much anything AND everything. I can't say I was eating 100 percent healthy, but I usually ran it off (I also played tennis and worked out and went swimming). I cut down on pigging out (chips, candy..etc) but I still ate burgers, hot dogs.. etc (Burgers were grilled though and hot dogs were boiled) and I ate them really occasionally with sliced tomatoes and onions and believe me, it does the trick. In fact, you grow out of mayonnaise after a while! I made lots of pastas (small portions), potato salads and barely ever used grease. I can send you a few recipes if you want.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    I am just afraid that I will get tired of living off of tilapia, chicken and salad.

but you DONT have to live off of those..you can eat everything as before, just less of it..i have cut out fast food by about 95% and as bad as it sucks, its great to know i dont NEED that crap anymore..i do miss it, but im happy with tacos or burgers at home..feel free to add me if you like, and best of luck
  • phoenix7039
    Options
    You can add me if you like. i agree that Pintrest is amazing for helping find healthy choices and ideas. I have found many healthy recipes or ideas to "healthify" recipes on Pintrest.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Amanda its nice to meet you. we are very similar to one another. I losted a lot of people I cared about to. my eating habits are a struggle for me as well
  • MissSaraSunshine
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I did the same thing! I wen't to Culinary school too! I have 80 pounds to lose now, but I am wanting this more than anything!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    I am just afraid that I will get tired of living off of tilapia, chicken and salad.

but you DONT have to live off of those..you can eat everything as before, just less of it..i have cut out fast food by about 95% and as bad as it sucks, its great to know i dont NEED that crap anymore..i do miss it, but im happy with tacos or burgers at home..feel free to add me if you like, and best of luck
    this is true, I used to eat out 1-4 times a week, now its about once a month, i switched from regular pastas to wheat pastas, regular bread to sandwich thins, regular tortillas to wheat ones. switched from beef to turkey, now im vegetarian, I love tacos, I just use beans instead of meat. just eat less of the things you love, and alter them some to make them healthier