30 day shred

Options

Replies

• syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on Level 1, Day 3. Our plan is to go straight through without rest days, but know that if we feel days now and then that we feel the need to take off, we will. Excited to see how it goes!
  • dmw05
    dmw05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 and feeling soooo good. I need to take pictures because like everyone else says the scale hasnt really moved but I totally see my body changing. I am also doing the squat challenge and zubma! Feel free to add me.
  • rosabud
    rosabud Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm on Day 5. I definitely felt it by Day 3, but I feel stronger, and the workout goes by so quickly! I'm looking forward to seeing some results in about 10 days.

Good luck!
  • Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My co-workers and I do it 3x a week, every second day. We finished it last month and just started back at the beginning. I can't believe the difference!
    I was a gasping heap on the ground at then end of each one the first round through, and now it's not bad at all. I did a lot of the modified exercises the first time, and now I'm using proper form and adding extra weights! Even if the scale didn't move much, I feel much better about myself.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Did Week 2, Day 1 today. After doing the MFP 30 Day Challenge, it was shorter than I'm used to, and much easier than when I tried a month ago! Yay, for progress! Wonder if I could do Week 3?
  • SamtasticLife
    Options
    I'm on Day 2---I'm definitely sore today! Feel free to add me :)
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I started a Group for support: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13416-30-day-shred-april-spectacular

Some people have a head start, some are doing it again, and most of us are just starting.
  • bvddj
    bvddj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! Woot Woot
  • cmariet
    cmariet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also wanting to try this but how do you all count your calories burned after doing the workout for the day? I don't have a heart rate monitor yet but I am planning to get one. Any advice is appreciated.
  • Ragoub
    Ragoub Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 4 today and I can definitely feel the progress, on day 1 I wasn't able to do a push-up at all and now i can do a couple and still finish the workout -slow progress but definitely progress! Can't wait to be done and see the results myself! Good luck!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If it starts getting boring or you want to quit go onto the next level. I didn't stick with level one for very long - I think 5 days. It was too easy and I didn't feel I was getting a very good workout.

Same here, I did Level 1 for 5 days....Level 2 for 15 (the hardest IMO) and Level 3 for 10.

Level 1 can fool you into thinking the DVD is easy....it's not! Most quit before Level 2 though, which is when you see the greatest results.

The only advice I can give you is don't give up! You will be stronger and better after completing this DVD :)
  • NaturalRunner
    Options
    Maybe you could start again and add more weight. Great job!
  • NaturalRunner
    Options
    I'm 62 and just finished on Sunday. I did it straight thru with no rest days. I did the beginners moves all the way thru. I didn't get the results that some of the younger folks do but I did get results so I'm happy with that. The scale barely moved the whole time but my clothes definitely fit better. Keep with it; it's definitely worth it. Now I'm trying to decide what to do to so I don't lose any of the gains I made.

Meant to include the quote.
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am also wanting to try this but how do you all count your calories burned after doing the workout for the day? I don't have a heart rate monitor yet but I am planning to get one. Any advice is appreciated.

I count mine as circuit training. I put it in for 30 minutes..I do extra abs and cardio to fill in the time to make it 30 minutes (not counting cool down).
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

I have a HRM and usually burn 170-190 calories per level (with level 1 being the least amount). I think from what I've read, most people average about the same
  • msvsbarbie
    Options
    I just completed day 22 and it was amazing! Keep your head up no matter what. I felt like giving up day three of level 2 but just remember it's ONLY a 20 minute work out and in 20 minutes you can be done each day! I keep a 90% raw food diet and a 10% vegan and do the 30 day shred mon-fri and take sat and sun off. By day 8 I saw incredible results!
  • monteymole
    Options
    I started level 1 tonight I found it hard going try to see it through to the end Add me :)
  • msvsbarbie
    Options
    Just wait until day 5, Jillian does not lie when she says by day 5 you will feel a HUGE difference in your strength!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    30 DS is well worth it. I finished and lost about 6 lbs. and went down a jean size (almost 2) and I'm 63! Anyway, I'm now on Week 2 of Ripped in 30 but also go back and do a 30 DS day every now and then. It seems to be a good program to start with and you'll be surprised at how much strength you build along with stamina and some muscle.
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    I tried this a while back and honestly gave up bc I was gaining weight, so the scale said and I got frustrated!!! I would like to try this again but I don't want to gain weight. Also are u supposed to do 30 days straight through with no breaks? I see fantastic results with everyone ..... Any friendly advise????
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!