At Home Calorie Burn Estimates

Options
Hello Everyone!

Because of my unknown work schedule, it's hard for me to go to the gym. So I just work out at home. I have the zumba fitness core game for the wii and it's great because it gives me an estimate of how many calories I burned after each session. But any ideas/suggestions on how to get estimated calories burned from other things like workout DVDs? Like a hrm watch or a certain app? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! thank you! :)

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM.
  • daniruby013
    Options
    is there a certain brand i should get?
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I think Polar is the best. I recently bought an FT4 and had an F4 for years before that. Best investment ever! You might even find that the calorie count from your game is way off.
  • VinnyI82
    VinnyI82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think Polar is the best. I recently bought an FT4 and had an F4 for years before that. Best investment ever! You might even find that the calorie count from your game is way off.

I second the Polar FT4. I have one. It has settings for your Height/Weight/Age and tracks Calorie Burn far more accurately than most equipment.
  • Melany502
    Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM.

Ditto! I finally got one after a few years of working out and I am kicking myself for not getting it sooner! I have a Polar one and love it.