Young, Fit and Active 40s

Options
Hi,

I wanted to start a group for anyone who still feels young in their 40s!

I finished my Master's Degree and got married last year (at 40) and have no kids yet. My new husband and I are both embarking on new careers. Grad school was the first time I've even been (forced to be) sedentary- I led an active life focused on career and travel until then. I gained 20 unwanted pounds and want to return to my formerly active lifestyle and fitness, especially before embarking on parenthood.

I recognize at 40, there are more challanges to losing weight and keeping fit; this is the first time I've been faced with this reality. However, as I have not yet faced many other kinds of challanges that is characteristic of this age group (for example, being married less than one year, not yet raising a family) I don't know quite where I fit in.

Anyone who might feel similar, it would be great to have a little support! Either add as friends to keep aware of each other's updates, or join this topic with a reply! Thanks!

Replies

• misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    bump
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    That would be me!! We are the same age and height. I want to get a little lower than you, but by only 5lbs. I have about 10 to lose, but the last bit is the hardest :sad: I want to be in better shape, women lose bone density starting in our mid 30's and exercise helps lessen the amount. I have three kids, so I need all of the energy I can get!!

So, nice to meet you...I sent you a friend request!
  • eliaison
    eliaison Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Cool! Yes, the 20 oz decaf lattes I've drunk for the past 10 yrs seem to have kept my calcium in check, but they're 240 cals! Looking into adjusting that habit, but it's a hard one. Those calcium chews just aren't the same! :-)