Digital Scale Recommendation?

Options
I need a digital scale. We had one for a while, but it broke when we moved. I've been using a normal bathroom scale since then, but I have to constantly adjust it because it keeps going "off" (not starting at 0 all the time, starting at up to 5lbs) and I don't really trust my own readjustments of it. So who knows, I may not be 217, I may be anywhere within 5lbs of that.
Anyway...does anyone use a digital scale that they're happy with and that gives consistently accurate measurements? I'm not terribly interested in it telling me more than my weight, so that's not a factor.

Replies

• avatrx
    avatrx Posts: 52
    Options
    I decided to replace my digital scale because it's old and I was sure it was off. Went to Bed Bath and Beyond to look. They have all types there, so I asked the sales lady if she had any suggestions. - prepared to have her recommend the high priced one.

To my surprise she showed me to the official Weight Watcher's Scale. She said she sells more of these than any and never if ever has anyone brought them back. They have 3 different versions. All of them will give you your weight, body fat, body fat percentage, water %, bone mass value and your Body Mass Index score.

The difference between the $29 version and the $69 version is this: The $29 version gives you all those once you program it, but you have to stand there and wait for it to go thru the sequence of items.

The next up the line - a little fancier (not to me) appearance, but that one allows you to see all the difference indicators at one time. The weight is the big number, but under that number are all of the other stats.

The most expensive $69 - does what the previous one does, but the platform of the scale is wider and may have a heavier weight limit.

I had a 20% coupon, so I went with the $29 version. Works great! You could probably google for a coupon regardless of which one you select.

My old scale was off, but only by about 1 lb. It didn't give me all the other information, so I'm happy with my new one.

Good luck - hope this helps?

susie
  • damiannikodem
    damiannikodem Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    we have a fitbit aria, I swear by it.

every morining I simply hop on it and then it keeps track of my measurements online.
  • 156almost
    156almost Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Omron.... without a doubt. They are the best. I have had many.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have the Eatsmart. Got it at Amazon for around $30. I love it.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I bought this one on Amazon: "EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Backlit 3.5" Display and "Step-On" Technology"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KXZ808/

Search "eatsmart" and it's the first product on Amazon (or copy/paste link).

I've had it for a year, works flawlessly and is accurate according to my Dr's scale.

Cheap, too.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I got one recently from the Eat Smart line. There are several, varying prices. Mine does do all the other numbers, but the prices are good. I got it on Amazon.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Ariai - love it - as do all the members of the family who have accounts attached.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The difference between the $29 version and the $69 version is this: The $29 version gives you all those once you program it, but you have to stand there and wait for it to go thru the sequence of items.

That's the one I went with, thank you!
    And thanks to everyone who responded :)