RAWR!!!!

Options
I am soooo excited that I have found MFP. But I am mad.

I have negatives for sugar AGAIN!!!!! I didn't eat any crazy sugary foods, only an orange and planning on eating strawberries with dinner. Is this bad?

HELLLLP.

Replies

• lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I don't think natural sugars from fruit should count, unless you're doing Atkins or something like it. Just my opinion.
  • RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar pretty much everyday because I eat a piece of fruit every morning and then usually have a small sweet later in the day. I hasn't stopped me from losing weight. If all the sugar you are getting is from fruit I would say don't worry about it.
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fruit sugar is fine. I'm more concerned about protein and sodium.
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I took the sugar off of mine, so that I can't see it anymore. I hardly eat added sugars, so most of mine comes from fruit. I'm not worried about that. If I was eating sweets every day, with added sugars, then I would watch it more closely. I'm more worried about sodium, protein, carbs, and calories.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    calories,protein,fiber,sodium, & fat most important unless you have medical issues. carbs are sugar so no matter if they are simple or complex it counts it so fruit will skyrocket it as will whole grain breads and beans etc
  • sylv1979
    sylv1979 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The GDA (guideline Daily Amount) for sugar in the uk is 90g a day for an average woman eating 2000 cals a day, on mfp its something silly like 25g. You can amend the amount yourself if it makes you feel better?
    If your not eating anything with added sugar, I wouldn't worry.
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I believe if your sugars are coming from fruits and you are eating PROTIEN then no...there will be very little spike in your blood sugar. If you where eating white sugars daily and going over then that isn't so great, which your not so YIPPEE eat those strawberries.:drinker:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    yup, the general consensus around here is that unless you have a reason to watch your sugar (diabetes) not to worry about it. Track your carbs, the sugars count towards that number too, and as long as that's under control, you're ok.
  • auntballerina14
    Options
    Thanks guys! I had an orange and strawberries, and a few came from the dressing and lean cuisine. No bigs. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing it. And thankfully I don't have a reason to watch my sugar; that's part of my reason for getting healthier. :)

Thanks for all the help! :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that the sugar is really really low dont sweat it if its all natural
  • sateliteofluv
    sateliteofluv Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was concerned about this as well, so I did a little research. The recommended amount of 30g of sugar per day applies to ADDED sugar in sweets, candies, soda, etc. Thus, you shouldn't be getting more than 30g/day from THOSE sources. MFP sets the guideline that low, but then all grams of sugar including from fruits are counted against that total. I think i'ts a little misleading in that regard. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are trying to get all of the sugar out of your diet for some other reason. I've been blowing the sugar count pretty much the entire time, and I am still steadily losing weight.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    watch the carbs dont worry about the sugars