New member here.

Options
Hello.

I am 23 year old guy who used to be very obese his entire life.

Since January I have been on 600/700 calorie diet up until last week, when I joined gym. Now I consume 1.200.

I do not eat any sweets, anything fried, anything that has wheat/rice/potatoes. I have not had a "treat" a single time throughout this period.

I am extremely tired of paying for my childhood mistakes and for my mothers love to buy me everything a kid should not eat.

Saying that, even though I am losing a lot of weight I am absolutely terrified of loose skin.

That will do for now.

x

Replies

• Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you are terrified of loose skin i'd advise eating more. I havent had the loose skin issue anytime i've lost weight before. I know what I did to avoid loose skin was not rush the weight off. The faster it comes off the higher the chances of loose skin. You want a steady loss each week. And i'd at least double your cals man. I eat 7-800 cals for breakfast...often, and still drop the weight. Feel free to add me if you want, though. We are the same age, im in the 320 lb range, but tended to always carry it decent and move around good for my size. So im not sure how similar we are in body type, but I feel we have at least one or two similar big goals.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I am 23 year old guy who used to be very obese his entire life.

Since January I have been on 600/700 calorie diet up until last week, when I joined gym. Now I consume 1.200.

I do not eat any sweets, anything fried, anything that has wheat/rice/potatoes. I have not had a "treat" a single time throughout this period.

I am extremely tired of paying for my childhood mistakes and for my mothers love to buy me everything a kid should not eat.

Saying that, even though I am losing a lot of weight I am absolutely terrified of loose skin.

That will do for now.

x

600-700 per DAY?!

and now you're at 1200?

do some searches dude.
    extreme deficit is a recipe for failure. you might be losing now, but unless youre on a dr prescribed deficit like that, be careful.
  • cherilyn666
    cherilyn666 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I cannot make myself eat more as I keep feeling guilty and want to make myself purge.

I wish I could, but I cannot.

I am hoping the exercise in gym and the 3 hour walks in countryside will do some good.
  • kbalut
    kbalut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are on a fine line between anorexia and bulimia. Please seek professional advice as you are not losing in a healthy way. With the amount of exercise you are doing, you should be enjoying a bit more food. Maybe you could give yourself another goal of adding 100 calories of food to each day for at least three weeks. I'm sure you won't see any wt. gain. Then, try adding another 100/day. You really are way below the recommended # of calories. Best of luck.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I agree with the people above. You are ultimately doing yourself a disservice by eating so little. Especially if you want to exercise as much as you said. If you feel guilty eating, you need to seek help. Developing an eating disorder by under-eating is just as dangerous as over-eating constantly.
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    I would advise against doing anything else until you do some research to educate yourself on proper diet.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I cannot make myself eat more as I keep feeling guilty and want to make myself purge.

I wish I could, but I cannot.

I am hoping the exercise in gym and the 3 hour walks in countryside will do some good.

all kidding aside...i think you need to see someone about quite possibly having an ED.