I opened my diary to public

I am going shopping Friday to eat cleaner more organic food. when it comes to my eating habits I need help big time with my eating. I welcome any feed back and suggestions . if anyone has any breakfast, snack, lunch ideas that are more healthy please let me know. These are the meals I get the most in a rut with.don't worry I won't get upset. I really need the help on my eating habits and am lost on what to do. if anyone has any menu ideas for a month to get me started on my meals I would appreciate the help.

allegeries are pork anything pork, polish sausage, some wheat and vitamins other than Flintstones. I don't like yogurt, tofu or tuna or beets. anything else is fine.

Replies

• CASSIEWESTSUNRISE
    CASSIEWESTSUNRISE Posts: 155 Member
    I try to stick with oatmeal.. sometimes egg whites.. I like goji berries really good in oatmeal.. I also like cream of wheat I find warm :heart: something good luck on your journey
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    I do have oatmeal in the house and some strawberries
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    My diary is open too so feel free to browse. Good luck!
  • i leave mine on public cuz knowing everyone is gonna see what i ate keeps me from goin over my cal limit xD
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    thanks very good diary. I love my salads and could eat those all day long.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Feel free to browse my diary I make sure to eat dairy for breakfast and lunch and protein all meals. Not big on simple carbs but get my fuel from complex I am never starving and if I get hungry I make a nutriblast. Fiber is very important as well and filling. I find the balance I am using compliment each other and even though I am in week 2 I have lost 4 lbs already. I am lazy though so exercise is iffy on a day to day basis lol
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    I make big meals on the weekend (usually in the crockpot...etc.) and then portion them out for lunch throughout the week. I also boil a dozen eggs and take 2 to work every day for snacks or to add to my lunch. My diary is open (although I haven't been tracking much in the last week, you'll have to go back to see what I normally eat) if you want to browse.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    My diary is open, feel free to look. There are things in my diary I wouldn't recommend - like my snackcidents - but life happens :laugh:

Potato is a good substitute carb for bread.
    Breakfast - I usually have eggs, potato, tomato and baby spinach; or banana pikelets with berries and ricotta
    Snacks - celery & peanut paste, almonds, rice cakes, rice crackers, fruit.
    Lunch - I often take a potato to work & microwave it, have it with a little cheese or tuna or chopped tomato

I don't worry about organic as such, but I do think less commercially processed foods are a good idea. I see from your diary you eat sausage / hot dog / bacon - I would suggest these are only eaten occasionally as they are not good quality meat, and have preservatives / salt etc. Just a small piece of plain chicken breast or steak would be better if you can afford it? Don't know what meat costs in the US!

Have you seen this site? http://swole.me/ - it is an automatic menu generator

Good luck with your changes, sounds like you are doing a great job going from 250 to 177 already! :smile:
  • ceeiyalater
    ceeiyalater Posts: 2 Member
    I eat oatmeal with a little almond milk.
    A cup of any kind of fruit and an Arnold
    Sandwich thin with benecol light. Once
    In a while I eat 2 scrambled egg whites
    With tomato on an english muffin with
    a cup of fruit. Both breakfasts keep me
    From overeating the rest of the day.