Washing Hair every single day after Isanity workout!!!??

Options
Hi ladies! So I just recently started the Insanity workout, insane btw, and gets you sweating from top to bottom. I'm not one to wash my hair every single day. I wash it every other day, but since I started working out, I feel the need to wash it every single day. Now I know it is BAD to wash every day, but I need help! What can I do to avoid washing every single day and not have a stinky head of hair....HELP!! Thank You!=)
~Rina

Replies

• Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and have been washing my hair every day for my entire adult life. It's fine and still ahs a tendency to be oily, so if I don't wash it, it flops and looks awful. It also smells bad after a workout.

Maybe just make sure you use a mild shampoo such as a baby shampoo?
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    My head and face are the first things to start sweating when I work out so I have to wash my hair. I agree with using a mild shampoo or using one that is sulfate free.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    im doing insanity and if i dont wash my hair after doing insanity with a 92 F temperature... the worms on my head will eat meeeeeeeeeee!! :laugh:

im using a shampoo for daily use... dont know the name in english.. i speak spanish lol!
  • dollarmenuaire
    dollarmenuaire Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I read something in a magazine about some sort of shampoo or cream thing you could use after a workout that you just rinse out..but I can't remember what it was called.. So I guess this reply was pretty useless.. I'm sure you can find something locally though!! *sigh* Sorry :frown: Anyways, I'm doing insanity as well! I'm on day 9! Keep it up :wink:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If you're having an issue with smell, just shower daily.

If it's just making your hair oily then use dry shampoo.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Have you tried dry shampoo? I use Batiste and I really like it. I've a stockpile of the stuff in our RV.
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Don't use shampoo. Just wet your head and scrub the roots with your fingers. Your head will not smell - trust me! If you can avoid extra blow-drying that is probably the wisest move. My hair is pretty great - mostly because I'm way to lazy to blow dry it, so it air dries most days.
  • dollarmenuaire
    dollarmenuaire Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    But soz you know! I've been washing my hair everyday after the workout and I'm A-OK! :smile:
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I normally wash my hair every day anyway because I have the type of hair that needs it, or it drives me nuts. I use Fructis daily shampoo. It smells great and is mild.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Gonna wash that insanity right outta my hair! Gonna wash that insanity right outta my hair! And something something my troubles away!
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of using baking soda as shampoo and vinegar as conditioner? I used to wash every 3 days, but doing TurboFire and its impossible! I am drenched! I started using baking soda mixed with water on days I didn't want to use shampoo, and vinegar to condition. Doesn't strip hair and my curles aren't damaged. I used this girls blog http://becomingpeculiar.com/why-i-ditched-shampoo-and-how-you-can-too/ and also started using organic shampoo with no sulfate a or parabens. My hair looks great! Hope that helps ( and I promise I'm not a dirty hippy. It really works!)
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Don't use shampoo. Just wet your head and scrub the roots with your fingers. Your head will not smell - trust me! If you can avoid extra blow-drying that is probably the wisest move. My hair is pretty great - mostly because I'm way to lazy to blow dry it, so it air dries most days.

This.... I sweat like crazy too! My hair is pretty wet when I'm done working out.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I run and have the same issue. On days when it isn't really bad, I put baby powder in and shake it out. Works like a charm!
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo is my friend. I use Batiste and love it!
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    I wash my hair daily and condition the ends to keep it from drying out - should really be fine!

Also baby shampoo really isn't that gentle on hair - it is tear free but high in sudsy stuff to you can get the job done fast on a wet squirmy baby.

Maybe a gentle shampoo formulated for color treated hair or something? I just use some crap from Costco myself.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound counter intuitive, but you might try applying coconut oil to your hair before you workout, then when you wash it, it won't be so bothered by the shampoo so you can still get your scalp clean. Coconut oil, as opposed to most oils, can actually be absorbed by hair (which is a good thing-you want the oil IN the hair not on top of it) so it is like a mini deep treatment. Also, sulfate free shampoos work well, I used to use Giovanni Tea Tree, now I just make my own with decyl glucoside, coco betaine and essential oils. And in a pinch, if your hair is dark, rather than using baby powder as dry shampoo, I've used cocoa.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Normally i straighten my hair, and stretch it out over a couple of days. However, when I was doing Insanity, I went to my stylist and told her I needed a new style. I embraced my curl and found a great mousse so I could wash my hair everyday. I called it my Insanity 'do!
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound counter intuitive, but you might try applying coconut oil to your hair before you workout, then when you wash it, it won't be so bothered by the shampoo so you can still get your scalp clean. Coconut oil, as opposed to most oils, can actually be absorbed by hair (which is a good thing-you want the oil IN the hair not on top of it) so it is like a mini deep treatment. Also, sulfate free shampoos work well, I used to use Giovanni Tea Tree, now I just make my own with decyl glucoside, coco betaine and essential oils. And in a pinch, if your hair is dark, rather than using baby powder as dry shampoo, I've used cocoa.

This lady ^^^^ Knows her crap. You should see her gorgeous enviable mane!
  • cmags88
    cmags88 Posts: 2
    Options
    You all had some great tips! Thank you very much once again! Guess I'd have to experiment a bit...=) :happy:
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have to wash my hair but thats because I feel disguisting after a workout and couldn't possibly sleep on it - I'm a head sweater you see! Just try out what you feel comfortable , if your hair feels minging on your head wash it and if you think you can get away with it use dry shampoo (I use the volume one) gives you a good boost!