Replies

• jasmine_ashby
    Options
    I did and would do it again

Good for you girl :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yes. Breast implants. Laser hair removal and scar treatments. I have tons of scars on my arms that people constantly, rudely, ask me about and it kind of sucks more than stretch marks for most women. :P That's about it though, I'm pretty happy with my appearance over all, and in any case, beauty fades over time anyways. :)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    When I was in my 40's I had my eyes done. I had really bad bags under them. Best thing I ever did. I used Botox and restalyne I loved it. I always planned on a face lift but the doctor refused because i smoked. Four years ago I became critically ill. I am now on blood thinners so no surgery is possible. If you want it get it. Enjoy yourself. No one knows how long we have and you are not invincible. Also What you say in your 20's. 30's, 40's changes. I woke up one day and was 60. I am still screaming!
  • stellafgus
    stellafgus Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok, was reading some of the replies about plastic surgery, and speaking from experience, I would not have another surgery, I had implants placed after breast cancer, and the pain was worst from the implant surgery then the cancer surgery, so done with plastic surgery.
  • jasmine_ashby
    Options
    I've had cosmetic surgery; a breast reduction when I was 18. I was very satisfied with the results, though I do wish I had taken a picture of my breasts before the operation because I don't remember what they looked like.

I have put off an abdominoplasty because my weight has not been stable. My weight is always a side-effect of my lifestyle and my lifestyle isn't set yet. It will be in about two years or so. I may put it off longer if I think I will have children. I will talk more about it with the surgeon of my choice in a couple of years.

One good tip that a lot of Doctors will never tell anyone, but that I strongly advise for anyone considering a certain surgeon, is to ask to see their before and after portfolios. Then once you see it, ask for the portfolio of before and afters that they considered unworthy of being in the first book. If they don't have one or wont show you...think a bit more. Photo records are required for almost every constructive/reconstructive procedure in many districts of practice.

I definitely foresee at least one or two procedures more in my life time.

Best Regards,
    - Mharren

thanks Mharren... good tips!
    btw well done on the weight loss
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Boobs for me. Want to perk the girls back up :) Other than that, no.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yes. Breast implants. Laser hair removal and scar treatments. I have tons of scars on my arms that people constantly, rudely, ask me about and it kind of sucks more than stretch marks for most women. :P That's about it though, I'm pretty happy with my appearance over all, and in any case, beauty fades over time anyways. :)
    I've had laser treatment and anti-inflammatory injections into scars on my body that were red and raised. It hurt and several sessions later (which are expensive as crap), they were still awful looking. Just got them tattooed over.
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Sure would!

Lipo in the stomach & thighs, breast lift & Botox.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I got lasik, best decision ever! Contacts were so annoying.

As for majoy cosmetic surgery, I wouldn't mind excess skin removal if it's needed, and possibly a boob job. Mine are severely deflated from my weight loss. Pretty much the only thing on my body that I don't like, and I know that I can't change
  • tavery3700
    tavery3700 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe in plastic surgery
    I would get a TT ,Lipo and breast lift
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I've had laser treatment and anti-inflammatory injections into scars on my body that were red and raised. It hurt and several sessions later (which are expensive as crap), they were still awful looking. Just got them tattooed over.

You mean like actual tattoos or is there a way to lighten them with the inks? o.O Cause I don't think I could handle two full sleeves, I am still iffy on the idea of even getting one tattoo in an inconspicuous area.
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If I have flabby skin When I lose the weight I want to. Only been dieting for close to 65 days. I have lost 32 pounds. When I lose another 120. I have seen that some people may have excess skin after losing a lot. I don't know if it will go away, if it doesn't. I would look at it though.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

You mean like actual tattoos or is there a way to lighten them with the inks? o.O Cause I don't think I could handle two full sleeves, I am still iffy on the idea of even getting one tattoo in an inconspicuous area.
    the scars held the color nicely, so I'm curious if they tattooed the scars a color that matches your skin tone (but that'd be difficult due to tanning) if they'd look better. but if they're raised scars, the anti-inflammatory injections worked wonders.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I would like to look like Amanda Lepore some day.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am going for a tummy tuck consult in June.

I had twins in 2005, not only were they over 14lbs, they did a number on my body....including seperating my ab muscles.

My fear is that once this is corrected I will become more judgemental of everything... so I figured I would ask him to quote getting a boob reduction/lift too HAHA.. ya like a single mom can afford this, but I am going to ask!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Fat transfer from my tummy to my bum lol yup I sure would, and I plan to in the future.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The best thing I ever did for my psyche...my confidence...my sanity...was getting my boobs. Imagine being a size 18 or 20 with A cups and trying to buy clothes. Imagine what they'd be like when you got down to a size 4 or 6.

Best money I ever spent.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I want boobies after I'm done having babies and letting them ravage my little ones.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Money no object~~ yes I would