where to put phone when running?

Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3...it is a heavy phone. I use it for my c25k app and all my music is on it. The trouble I am having is figuring out what to do with it when running! If I put it in my sweatshirt pocket, it bounces around, and I am afraid of it falling out. I can't stand holding it and when I try, my earphones fall out from being tugged. I tried putting it inside my sports bra and that works ok for a little while until I start sweating, and eventually, it starts hurting that area.

All the phone/ipod holder things I find are for small phones and iphones.

Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just discovered a post of this same thing form a few days ago...oops!
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    check ebay. they have armbands for any phone.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I wear shorts with pockets large enough for my phone made by danskin now.
  • merinabullock
    Options
    I have an S2. not as big but pretty heavy for sure. What I do is cut the toe off a stray sock and make a sleeve of sorts that I slide up my arm. Fold it up & put my phone in the "pocket." I replace it every month or so because it gets ratty. But that's okay with me because I never have a shortage of lonely socks.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have the note ii, also a giant phone, bigger than the s3. Got my armband on amazon, works great.
  • tarayatesgosse
    Options
    great post! I also have and S3 and have been wondering what I will do as I am switching from my winter pants that has pockets to summer clothes that do not. I could not find a sleeve for my phone either. Currently I am wearing a jacket around my waist and putting it in that pocket. I don't love it.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'm too cheap to get the armband, but I have a neoprene wrist guard that works well enough when wrapped around arm & phone. Did the bra thing for a while, until the camera fogged up and the screen stopped working - oops too much sweat. I also have a pouch (they are made to wear your passport in, under your shirt, while you travel) - I replaced the strap with a wide rubber band, and can wear that seamlessly under my clothes around my hips. Just a bit embarrassing when I go to fish out the phone - people probably think I carry it in my underwear ;-)
    I just got a neoprene belt to carry my water bottle, so when it gets warm enough to need water, the phone can go in a pouch on that...