Day two of Zumba

Options
Well stepped out of my comfort zone and went by myself my first Zumba class yesterday and loved it!!--slept like a log last night- today day two and still loved it- but got home and took off shoe and have a huge blister on the right side of my left foot (dont know technical term for it- but the bump below your big toe on your foot) i assume maybe show wasnt tight enough?- anyone have any recommendations to not get blisters-anyone else have same issue with Zumba--what did you try to prevent them?-

Replies

• Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've never gotta a blister from Zumba, I zumba 2-3 times per week.....Try some new shoes that fit properly or some dance tennis shoes. I use both. Glad you liked the class. I LOVE IT. welcome to Zumba!!
  • KaraStack2013
    KaraStack2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In October i broke that big toe- so I am also wondering if maybe the (bump thing) on side of foot is messed up now? I will try tightening that shoe- I am in love with Zumba- you dont even feel like you are working out!--dont get every move- but still keep trying and moving----but boy do I feel it when ya get home- feels great!!---hoping doesnt continue hurting wont be to class again till Tuesday (offer mon and tues)- so have little time to heal!---thanks for the welcome!!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Try a ...not sure what they are called ... corn pad? bunion pad? for the sore spot. Moleskin works wonders for preventing blisters.

A pair of dance shoes is a good idea as well - i move much better in a pair of Nike Musiques than I did in a pair of new Balance cross-trainers that served me well for other aerobic activities.

I love Zumba - such fun and some serious exercise!