Hello! Training to walk 600 miles!

Options
Hello everyone! I had a profile on here before but just stopped using and have no idea what my info could be! lol So, I am training for the Camino de Santiago in Spain (walking from France to Spain) and the Savage Race (6-7 mile mud and obstacle race) in Texas. I also have some weight to lose and would love some support and "company". Anyone and everyone welcome!! (:

About Me:
21 y/o
College student
Texas
Mother

Replies

• fayeonherway
    Options
    That trek sounds cool!

I am a walker/hiker. I'm losing fat, gaining muscle and building up my stamina so I can trek Mt. Kilimanjaro next September.

All the best and you can add me if you like!
  • whozurdaddy101
    Options
    Sending request! You're journey sounds incredible!
  • SamDanielleB
    Options
    Camino de Santiago?!?! I heard about that while I was studying abroad in Spain, and I've wanted to do it ever since, even though I'm not a religious person. It sounds like an amazing journey.
  • PilgrimOnTheRun
    Options
    Camino de Santiago?!?! I heard about that while I was studying abroad in Spain, and I've wanted to do it ever since, even though I'm not a religious person. It sounds like an amazing journey.

Actually, I am not very religious myself either. However, something about it is just drawing me in! (:
  • PilgrimOnTheRun
    Options
    That trek sounds cool!

I am a walker/hiker. I'm losing fat, gaining muscle and building up my stamina so I can trek Mt. Kilimanjaro next September.

All the best and you can add me if you like!

That sounds like fun! I would like to, at some point in my life, walk the Pacific Crest Trail. I also have smaller goals like making it up to Half Dome in Yosemite, CA
  • looplulu
    looplulu Posts: 21
    Options
    I've never even heard about that before. Very cool. This gives me something new to look into!
  • PilgrimOnTheRun
    Options
    I've never even heard about that before. Very cool. This gives me something new to look into!

There is a movie about it if you are interested. It's called The Way with Martin Sheen and his son. Very emotional/moving. They walk the Camino Frances. It's currently on Netflix (: