what foods are you using to increase your calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Said several times, but natural peanut butter and almonds
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    After your workouts eat a half a banana with a TBSP of peanut butter. It adds calories and helps burn more calories after you stop working out! :)
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter

YUP. I had like 4tbsp of peanut butter today :):)

Avocados are good too!
  • Melwith9
    Melwith9 Posts: 17
    Options
    thank you for all the suggestions!.. I forget about nuts!! That would be something easy enough to grab on the go..and avocado's would be easy enough to add to my smoothies or salads..

I wish I could do protein shakes and have tried several kinds.. but every time I do I end up feeling very sick.. something in them does not sit well with me.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    What ups my calories is Toblerone and sometimes alcohol.
    But you probably want to stick with something healthier ;-)
    You can make your own protein shakes with peanut butter and banana, etc.
    I just started making iced vanilla coffee protein shakes with 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, coffee, milk, and ice. If I add 2 scoops (as recommended), I find its too gooey.
    Another option are protein pancakes - mix protein powder with egg (whites) and some milk, fry by themselves or with strawberries - yum!
    Or look up soy flour brownies.
    Or or or...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Nuts, milk, veggies sautéed in butter, granola, boiled eggs, string cheese. I add nuts to my homemade blueberry muffins and I put nuts in with veggies and stir fries.

I second dark chocolate covered walnuts or almonds. Oh yes, indeed.
  • Melwith9
    Melwith9 Posts: 17
    Options
    I wish there was a like button.. I keep searching for it..lol.. Thank you everyone.. I am adding stuff to my grocery list.. and I am off to eat a banana with some peanut butter (drool.. why didn't I think of that!!)
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Trail mix, peanut butter, ice cream, nuts, chocolate, protein shakes.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a like button.. I keep searching for it..lol.. Thank you everyone.. I am adding stuff to my grocery list.. and I am off to eat a banana with some peanut butter (drool.. why didn't I think of that!!)

I wish there was a like button too. I have the same problem. But, I just started here a couple of weeks ago. So far no bad effects from not eating back calories, but I am eating close to 2000 a day, so that might be what is keeping the bad stuff from happening right now. I am going to closely monitor the situation though and if/when I hit a time where it becomes apparent I am not eating enough I will have the ideas I found here, so thanks for posting this.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i know you said you don't like protein shakes...have you tried using protein powder in other ways? proteinpow.com has hundreds of inventive uses...the girl makes CAKE...from protein powder!!! she's a WIZARD!!! o_0 i use vegetable protein or soy protein with some eggs, and water to make little flapjacks for sandwiches.
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Avocados, keeping some eggs whole instead of all white, peanut butter, almond butter, get the extra calories from good fat. Cooking with extra virgin oil.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's 700-calorie breakfast: oatmeal made with cocoa, almond milk, maple syrup, almond butter, protein powder, unsweetened coconut, frozen berries, a banana, and crushed walnuts. :)

He also does calorie 'snack packs' - beef jerky, walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds, dates, prunes, figs, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried currants, dried blueberries. Easily 600-700 calories in a small bowl.

10% greek yogurt will get you there fast too.

Brilliant! I didn't even think to make my breakfast a huge meal. Thank you!