I'm new! How do I find the right group for me?

Options
Hi I'm new! I really want to make this work! I see some people have grouped together to work on similar goals - how do I find a group? A trainer at my gym recommended this site. I'm doing alright with working out but really struggling to stop overeating! So, I'm not losing weight! I'm hoping to find the tools and support I need here.

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i need to find a group too!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    You could try doing a search on things that interest you or are important to you. For instance I did a search on "women over 50" and found the "women ages 50+" group. You could also try searching for an exercise routine you enjoy such as walking or bike riding. I find the search tab to be very helpful!
  • wolverinefactor
    Options
    I really recommend just browsing the forums, I notice the new topics on the right of my screen whenever I load up my page and click any that catch my eye. Everyone I've talked to on here seems very friendly. Maybe toss yourself into one of the workout groups. 30 day shred or the like. I'm sure some start soon or you can join in a little late. I'm in a 30 day shred group that just started yesterday so you'd only be 2 days behind
  • Natalie7227
    Options
    You can look at the community tab above and see if there is a specific group that would fit what you are going for goal wise. It's different for everyone. I just send for friend requests after looking at others profile page and see if they would be able to help me and I can help them. If you want we can help each other on this journey. I just started this website and am on Day #11 myself and I have a total of 101lbs to lose and am down 6lbs so far. This website is great for accountability so it does help and is super easy. You bite it you type it, you nibble it, you scribble it and so on. LOL.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I never really found a group, but if you need support add me a friend
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    ive been around for a few weeks but much more religious for about 10 days. I am 26 and also looking for a great group to take part in!
  • plumeria913
    Options
    cool - thanks for the helpful responses!
  • nanadukes
    nanadukes Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new too. I have no idea how to start? I'm aloud 1,000 calories a day and I have no idea what I can eat. Confussion ahah. If you have any advice it woul greatly be appreciated.
  • nanadukes
    nanadukes Posts: 2
    Options
    Today is my first day and I am so confused. I have to loose 55 pounds. I can have 1,000 calories and I don't know where to start.I understand I need to write down what I eat. My problem is figureing out what I can eat. Can you give me some suggestions
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day and I am so confused. I have to loose 55 pounds. I can have 1,000 calories and I don't know where to start.I understand I need to write down what I eat. My problem is figureing out what I can eat. Can you give me some suggestions

first off-- there is no way you shuold be eating only 1000 calories a day (unless directed by a doctor). second, you can eat just about anything in moderation! take a look at people's diarys for some great ideas.