Bigger gal needing friends for support

Options
Hello. I am a mom of 3 and I recently found out that not only do I have the beginning stages of diabetes, but I recently had a heart attack that I thought was just chest pains from stress. I have decided to get back into the swing of losing weight and even though I have a little support here at home, I feel online support may also be a bonus. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• bcrofts001
    bcrofts001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. I've found tons of support and friends here. Sending you a friend request, help out with support!
  • Charmingirl
    Options
    Hi, I'm sort of new to "myfitness" as well. I am in need of extra support too. We can motivate each other. We will beat this wt loss battle!!!
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    HI ! I am also a mom of 3. While I haven't had a heart attack, I do have a mild heart problem.(Pulmary Stenosis) & high Blood pressure that is half stress/ half weight related. So I am trying to get myself healthy. If you want to friend me, feel free! I can always use people to help push me!
  • Makenziesnana
    Options
    Hello MommaBear

I am 51 and needing to lose 100+ pounds. I have a little support at home too. I have been on this site a little over a week and I am finding the best support system here.

Take it one day at a time. It is not a diet. It is a lifestyle change. I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic in 2008 and have struggled with that disease. I am regaining control of my life one day at a time.

You will have good days, great days and not so good days. Don't beat yourself up over the not so great days. Review your food diary and exercise diary to see where you may have faltered. One day at a time. Be honest, there is no judgement here. Share your success and disappointment. WE are here for you.
  • JeniFairchild
    JeniFairchild Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! I am always willing to be support to others in this struggle!
  • peachesevie
    Options
    I also new here, this is my first week on my way to healthy, but I'm sure we can support each other and give each other pointers.

Evie
  • Piamon
    Piamon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm new as well. I'd love to be friends with you :) I'm in pretty dire need of a support system, myself.
  • taz69tazz
    taz69tazz Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome all things are possible i started my weight lost about a month ago and i have already did a big jump on my weight loss ... i have made several good changes in my life to help along the way ..

If u need a friend anyone can add me :drinker:
  • Feather82
    Feather82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too (this is my first post). I am 31and many people in my family have type 2 diabetes. If I don't get control of my health, I will be there too. I have at least 150 lbs to lose. I've been overweight since I was a child, and my weight has steadily increased over the years. I'm sending the original poster a friend request, and others can add me as well. I log in almost everyday, and my diary is open to friends. Let's help each other reach our goals!
  • RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • kicknthisfat
    kicknthisfat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat new... I used MFP before, but ended up deleting it. So I'm back with an all new account and attitude towards getting healthy and STAYING healthy. I am in very much need of supporting friends... so please, anyone, add me! I keep my diary open for all friends to view and give advice.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    ADD ME :)!! I am in dire need to loose 100+ as you can tell by the ticker :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ALL AROUND <3
  • roxazaloah
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I've been a member since April (?) 2012, but only started taking weight loss seriously since September '12. I've lost about 45 lbs now, and still have about 120 left to go to get to my goal of 160 - taking one day at a time; pretty open profile, and my diary is public so anyone can stop by and check it out - I comment and give my support as much as I can - I would love having new friends :flowerforyou:
  • cyndymar
    cyndymar Posts: 73
    Options
    I am a mom of 5 weighed in at 245 now down almost 100 lbs would love to help motivate . Food can be the best medicine or the slowest form of poison , you will get there YES you can
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my food since late July and have had pretty good results. You can add me if you need (and give) support and here are some tips for being successful:

-Measure your food and log every single bite, even if you go over your calories

-Eat more protein than MFP sets for you. Protein is crucial to losing weight; it keeps you full longer and it helps you maintain your lean body mass while you lose weight. You can change the presets by going to My Home - Goals - Change - Custom. I made my macros set to 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fat, which is what top nutritionists recommend. I have a very long list of ways to add more protein into your diet that I will share if you're interested.

-Recommit to this lifestyle as much as you can. If you eat something unplanned that isn't healthy, don't just give in and start over Monday or tomorrow. Recommit to being healthy in the next 5 minutes.

-You *can* still have junk/unhealthy food. Just have one serving and put the package back. This is behavior I had to learn and it wasn't easy.

Good luck and let me know if you ever need any help!
  • connierae1228
    Options
    Hi. I'm a mom of three as well and would love some support. I have had a lot of health problems lately and think a lifestyle change and losing 100 pounds would certainly help with that. I have some support at home but honestly need all the help I can get. I would love to support you in your journey.

Connie
  • alyssatinling
    Options
    I'm new to this site too... let's be friends!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hey, great that you are here and hopefully you can not just recover from your medical problems but end up better than before! I have an appointment tomorrow to find out if I have diabetes, My test results say that I do, but I think that I will have to take another test in a couple of months. In any case my BGL is really high and I hope to get that down, also have high cholesterol, and my BP is running high(coming down with meds) so anyway, I think the eating healthier and getting out walking the dog is helping but I have a ways to go and I hope I don't give up like all the other times.

PS. It might be fun for your boys to help you with exercise maybe you could incorporate some kind of activity for everyone like an evening walk or something like that.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me I would love to support you. Diabetes runs in my family. I went from 250 to 175 pounds. 40 pounds from my goal weight. I would lose 115 pounds
  • katatbreezy
    Options
    Hi, I would love if we could support each other. I've been with MFP since August '12 and it has been wonderful but I still find that every day is a challenge and I guess it always will be - Just One Day at a Time has been mantra.