Seeking 200+ friends who are serious about losing weight!

Options
About me:
20 year old college student, currently 242 lbs and wanting to get down to 115 lbs in a couple years as well as improve my nutrition and strength. Feminist, body-positive, high femme who loves cats and crafts.

Seeking:
Any women over 200+ who have similar goals and are serious about supporting each other in weight loss long-term. A sense of humor is a plus too. : ) Close to my age would be nice, but not essential.

Replies

• FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • PilgrimOnTheRun
    Options
    Hello! I am 21, 225, and am more serious them ever about losing this weight. Never thought it was bigger than self confidence until my weight was hindering crossing off items on my bucket list (because I am over the weight limit). Add me if you like! (:
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ha, I thought this was 200+ as in the number of friends. :laugh:

Either way, I don't fit the bill(unless you DID mean the number of friends) but I wish you best of luck!
  • Kristi_Stringer
    Kristi_Stringer Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Either way, I don't fit the bill(unless you DID mean the number of friends) but I wish you best of luck!

I thought she wanted 200+ number of friends too
  • katieyoung712
    Options
    I am 207 and have finally strapped down and have gotten serious about getting lean and toned and in fabulous shape!!!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Me too. But, I am 200+ as well. I am actually happy to finally be in the 200's after years of trying and failing. I am not secure about my place in the under 300's, but I am going to do my best to keep losing and keep my focus on developing a healthy eating plan and getting out and about and moving. Especially the moving I need to take my dog for a daily walk because it's good for both of us.
  • errkajo
    errkajo Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello!
    A little over two years ago (At age 17) i weighed about 210 and am now down to 150 at 20 years old. Just 25 pounds left until i reach my goal! Funny thing is that before basic training I was down to 137 and now im back up to 150. I think I just got lazy after basic training. It is not impossible to lose the wieght but takes a trmedous amount of will power. And no matter what, once youve lost it, dont stop the maitenence required to keep it off! Im here if you want someone to talk to/ encourage you!