Stay At Home Moms, Advice Please.

Options
I am 23 years old and have a daughter who will be 2 in december. i gained 20 pounds while pregnant with her and i already was over weight.. i have tried so many different ways to lose weight. i just recently started Insainity. im on day 2. but my question is, along with the exersice im doing with Insainity is there anything, anyone would recomend for me to do with my daughter outside. we live about 5 miles away from parks and there are no side walks around us, and i dont feel safe walking with my daughter on a busy road. even if there were sidewalks. i dont have my drivers licenses so we can't drive. we've been playing outside the past few days cause its finally nice. but i just wanna know if there are any other stay at home moms who have advice for me, for additional excersies. please help me, im really desperate to lose this weight.
thank you! :)

Replies

• raspberryk
    raspberryk Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work part time hours but stay at home Mum in the week. I've not actually started exercise yet but started slimming world at the end of November. I'm not always strict especially over Christmas and Easter but I've lost 20 lbs, looking to lose the same again hopefully by the end of summer.
    I'd say change your eating, even if it's only small changes.
    X
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you need to get your driver's license.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    First rule... eat breakfast!!!! Then move your body, and get sleep
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    If you eat right you'll lose weight. Exercise is a way of burning calories. An easier way, is to not eat them in the first place. The results are the exact same.
  • shonar68
    shonar68 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, invest in a wii fit, ( or ask around your friends, they may have one gathering dust that you could borrow) and use it every day, if you get a balance board you can do free step while your little one is watching their favorite program or while they are away for a nap, I tend to do this at night when all my little ones are in bed, then i can do it while watching my own tv :)

put on some music and dance around with your little one, even 15 mins of fun dancing can burn up some calories.

If i find i am stuck in the house and cant go out for a walk etc I sometimes pick a really horrible cleaning job, ie wash all windows, mirrors, skirting, doors etc, always knackered after doing this so must burn some unwanted calories lol

Good luck
  • flynnegan
    flynnegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! We are very alike!!
    I have a 5 year old and an almost 2 year old. We also live in the middle of nowhere, miles from parks and footpaths!

For my excersise i get up at 6/6.30 am and get out for a run. the roads are not great -picture grass in the middle-but its very quiet that hour of the morning.
    I also have Jillian Michaels body rev which i do one my son is in school and my daughter has her nap.

For play time to incorparate excersise we have a big trampoline out the back, She loves that jumping around getting the heart going, sometimes i hold her in my arms and give it loads haha
  • TawnieL
    TawnieL Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice. i got up and ran this morning.. i ran 2 miles. (one mile there, one mile back) I do eat breakfast every morning. we have whole wheat waffles, or eggs and toast.. i will have to look into a Wii fit. i never thought about getting one before cause everyone i know who has used it said it didnt work for them. but i guess just because it doesn't work for them doesn't mean it wont for me. i guess before i just used that as an excuse to not work out.

Also, i am working on getting my license. its complicated to do so when my fiance works 1pm to 330 am, mon-sat. im sure that would help a lot though.
    again, thanks everyone!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice. i got up and ran this morning.. i ran 2 miles. (one mile there, one mile back) I do eat breakfast every morning. we have whole wheat waffles, or eggs and toast.. i will have to look into a Wii fit. i never thought about getting one before cause everyone i know who has used it said it didnt work for them. but i guess just because it doesn't work for them doesn't mean it wont for me. i guess before i just used that as an excuse to not work out.

Also, i am working on getting my license. its complicated to do so when my fiance works 1pm to 330 am, mon-sat. im sure that would help a lot though.
    again, thanks everyone!

Sorry I'm just so curious. What happened to your license in the first place? Just asking cause I'm a stay-at-home mom and can't imagine life without one! In other news, I really think they should change the term to "hardly-stays-at-home-mom". At least for me. LOL.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy3gw6n2kiXUtcFd_BFbZYQEPoxXnP4MzyGkuFMN_dxjSEd9VJ

get tu licencia...rapido. then join my FL to see how the REAL "real housewives" do it.
  • TawnieL
    TawnieL Posts: 4
    Options
    I just never had it.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    get a lisence. Go to some mommy and me classes, meet other moms and go to the park ect...