Weight Watchers!

Options
Anybody else out there a member of Weight Watchers? :) I'm looking for a support system with other members. I love this site, but most of the members on here are only focusing on calories and such. It's a lot different from the Weight Watchers regimen.

Replies

• sydstar
    sydstar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was on weight watchers til I was unemployed. I did it for 6 months, stopped and gained all the weight back. I'm definitely done counting points but whatever gets you to the goal is what counts.
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    I don't go to the meetings anymore either. I'm technically a Lifetime member now, but I'm not an active member with the company. I just get by with using the points system on my own.
  • karebear32505
    karebear32505 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes i do weight watchers. It is kinda the same on here if you figure points to calories! Plus you get your activity points! I try to do both., BUt i track more with my weight watchers tracker! I highly suggest since you are a lifetime member, go back, you don't have to pay a registration fee b/c you are lifetime, THen PAY till you get back to goal!!!!!!! But if you want to only pay once a month, Only go once a month to weight in, and pay untill you get back to goal! I am trying to work my way back down to goal! I LOVE ww it is my life! ever need help or motivation i am here! PS...it is different if you havent been there in 1-2 years!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I just became a member of WW and still confused but am getting the hang of it.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    I'm planning to go back when I start college again in August. My mom is currently an active member and has not met her goal weight just yet. She goes to the 8am Sat. morning meetings, and I just can't get myself out of bed that early on a Saturday. I am still below my original goal weight, so I would only have to pay the one time registration fee when I did decide to go back. I do use the point system every day and have just recently decided this week to start using my exercise calories. My weight loss has slowed down and I'm hoping the added calories will boost my progress a little bit. I put on some weight when I started college last fall, and I'm still in the process of getting it off, plus another 10 pounds or so. My mom has kept me up to date on the changes they've made, and I've made sure to change my point allowance accordingly. Have you had much luck so far? Thanks for the add! :)
  • nikki91950
    Options
    Well, if you have any questions, just let me know. I know most of the ins and outs of the program! I've been on it for close to 6 years now.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I am not currently on Weight Watchers, but my first experience with weight loss was through WW. I don't see that this is all too different from WW -- with the focus on calories instead of points. We are all trying to eat healthy and get exercise in. Honestly, I'd rather just do it on my own (well, with support from other MFP'ers) than get exposed to WW advertising for their diet foods every meeting. Maybe that was just my experience with the Weight Watchers facilitator though...
  • nikki91950
    Options
    You must've been going to the wrong meetings then. I had a very good experience with them when I did go to the meetings, and I had the best lecturer anybody could ever ask for. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with them, but it's nice to hear you were successful at losing some weight when you were on it. I'm finding it easier to do it on my own as well. I'm a very independent person and going to those meetings just makes everything too group-oriented for me. I don't like to gloat, I don't like to speak in front of other people, and I certainly don't like to be singled out. This site is definitely a lot like Weight Watchers, but WW focuses more on fats, cals, and fiber, as well as getting in your daily amounts of fruits/veggies, milk servings, and even oils. I wish more people on this site understood that.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I would not say I had a negative experience. It is just that looking back at that time now I realize that the lifestyle changes I am trying to make now are not what I was taught then... or maybe it is just that I was only ready to make smaller changes then. I think it is just similar to different people's approaches on here -- some try for more natural foods, some do a lot of Smart Ones/Lean Cuisine/100 calorie packs. Some are in it for the long haul, and some are trying to lose 10 pounds in a month for whatever reason. The lecturer for my meetings tended to do the latter, and emphasize that we *would* be hungry, and that sort of thing... and I am realizing this time around that is not for me. I am very grateful that I have a foundation with Weight Watchers to focus on healthy eating goals, not just focus on the scale, etc. I find that I try to keep my diet to the principles I learned there as far as getting in fruits and veggies, milk, oil, etc.

Just didn't want to leave anyone with a negative impression of Weight Watchers... I completely support the program as a healthy way to lose weight. :)
  • nikki91950
    Options
    You make perfect sense. It all depends on what we're all here to achieve. We all have different goals and reasons for being here. It all depends on what does and doesn't work for each individual. I'm finding out that counting calories isn't enough for me. I need the point system in order to lose weight. Otherwise, I'm unsuccessful. It's really weird.
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I did WW for a little over a year and lost my first 65 lbs with that plan and I LOVED it but with my finances changing I just could not afford it anymore. I kind of got stuck in a rut but started to count calories and kept that 65 lbs. off , I didn't gain any of that weight back. Then a few months ago after searching the web I found this wonderful site :) I love it here and everyone has been so supportive!! I now count my calories here which it makes it so much easier than counting them with a book LOL. Any ways as one other said here we are all here trying to obtain the same goal and that is lose weight and become healthier :) No matter if your counting points or calories the end result is the same!!! Since being here since the end of April I have lost another 17 lbs. so MFP works and it's free :) Good luck to you!!