XBox 360 owners, need your opinion

Options
moochachip
moochachip Posts: 237 Member
I have finally saved up money to buy myself my very own Xbox360. No longer will I have to go over to my guy friends' houses to play my games.

Now I need to figure out which to get. There's the 4GB, and the 250GB version. My question is, how much space do games actually take up? I see myself playing games like Tomb Raider, Call of Duty, and Assassin's Creed if that helps any, and may even get the Kinect later on.

Thoughts?

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've had the 4gb for 2 years and I don't play every waking moment, but I do own some good games. I've never needed anything more for storage. If I did max it out, I could always buy the external memory, which comes in every size from 16gb to the 250. And the kinect is awesome.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    More space is better if you consider DLC. :] Borderlands 1&2 are both amazing and have soo much amazing dlc, but I don't have the space for it.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Go for the 250. If you're downloading updates and maps for games like Call of Duty, it goes quick
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much of a gamer you are.

Do you plan on saving the game even after you have finished? Do you plan on saving the game at various stages for replayability?

Do you plan on playing a lot of games and often? Or is this just a "once in awhile" thing?

Do you plan on downloading other content, applications, movies, etc?
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My husband plays Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc. and he said the 250GB would probably be best. Those games take up a bit of space. We have the 4GB Xbox, but my husband ended up buying a bigger hard drive for it.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    If you plan to take advantage of DLC or of downloading games from the XBLA then it's definitely worth the bigger one. I'm glad that I got the 250 gig on mine.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Moar SPACE!! But seriously if you get a 4gb you'll live to regret it..!
  • jjski88
    jjski88 Posts: 24
    Options
    Spend the extra $50-$100 so you don't have to ever worry about buying the external hard drive to store data.
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I agree with the more space unless you will delete your save data after you finish a game (and I don't think I have EVER found someone who does, lol). Either that or as suggested above, buy the smaller one and a nice big external HD if it is cheaper.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've got the 250gb hard drive, and I'm down to 20gb, I've got a partition set up on an external HD with another 20 odd GB storage. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer though, so I get a lot of DLC and also install my games while I play them a lot
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Definitely go for the larger memory space. There is a lot of DLC for Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc. Or if you are strapped for cash do what another person said and go for the smaller memory and then upgrade to an external drive. Will probably cost more in the long run though.
    Love seeing another girl interested in the same games as me. I love Call of Duty, especially Zombies! Can't wait to expand my maps. The Xbox certainly is a money pit though so beware.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    They will announce a new xbox soon, so it may be better to wait and get the new one
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Personally I would always go for the larger memory. By the time you have saved your profile, saved all your games, and downloaded any extra packs (which come up a lot) that 4gb will always go. I filled up my 12gb one very quickly and I'm an average gamer.