Replies

• LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    bump
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Are you guys for real? I can't even believe it. So awesome :) Proud of you all!
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
  • Larissa_Johnson
    Options
    Amazing! You look great! :)
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You all look so awesome! Honestly. No just saying. I hope I look this good when I'm your age!
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to post pics in here but am 53 and have lost 40lbs just by counting calories and exercising a couple of times a week. It goes to show this can be done without spending half your life in a gym!!
  • salvatore7
    salvatore7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's just fabulous! How long did it take to get to 190 from where you were??
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post. I'm 53 next week, 5'7" and 175lbs. It's great to see so many before and after pics, they keep me going. It's not so easy when you're getting on. The best thing is, once you start making progress you just don't feel so old anymore, never mind life begins at 40 or 50, it begins when you start to live it! Here's my before and during pics, I'm still overweight so I have a bit to go.

The before photos are from my holidays last year. I didn't start dieting and exercising (Power 90) until September when I weighed in at 230lbs.

PDVD_009cropped_zps19bc43b7.jpg

PDVD_006cropped_zpsb0ebfb61.jpg

68e6d3ce-fab9-4c69-b4bc-4bc2546e582e_zps64c763a9.jpg

Here's Day 1 of Power 90

20120921_193202_zps271dd088.jpg

Progress so far

82318435-8e37-4254-a955-4bf16bf6450c_zps1addc741.jpg

Sideprofileprogress1-120_zps5c5d2567.jpg

20130317_143825_zps4e0e7796.jpg

Transformation1_zpsa900a77e.jpg

I'm sorry there's so many pics, but I'm just so chuffed to have come this far. I hope this inspires others to try. It's never too late.

Looking VERY good. Well done.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    34ypu03.jpg

BEFORE 69.8 KG @ 50

ta2bo6.jpg

AFTER 59.5 KG @ 51

Final one in swimwear on the way..watch this space..!! :happy:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish I had some pics, but at my worst I was shy of the camera. I now wish I had taken a candid one June 2012 at 197 lbs. I am 5ft 5ins and I am 63. I am now 157 lbs. - 40 lbs lost! It feels so good! I have about 10 more lbs to lose and then I will have a careful look at myself to see if I should lose a bit more. It will be so good to be in the normal BMI. I had such a shock when I saw Obese written on my doctor's computer. I am going soon to have my blood pressure checked to see if I need medication still. I do an hour on machines every day, yoga once a week, and have just started face exercises for saggy bits and light weights for bingo wings. My health and mobility has improved out of all recognition. The new jeans I bought myself are now way too big! I am so going to enjoy this summer without puffing and sweating and thighs rubbing together. My feet used to be shot as well so I could never wear sandals. This year I can get my feet out. Nail varnish counter here I come!
  • tsnowridge
    tsnowridge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't have before and after pictures YET - but today is my first day back and I am ready to beat this weight thing in spite of myself. I am almost 60 and need to get some of this weight off.
  • brian5308
    brian5308 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    great job - you have inspired me, as my body looks exactly like yours at the starting point. Down 12 lbs, another 32 or so to go
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing great pictures stories and most of all results... Great job! ..... any of you can friend me if you like the inspiration and motivation will help me on my journey thanks
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm only approaching 38 and thought it was too late for me to bother losing weight. I appreciate everyone on this thread for inspiring me to stick with it. You are all awesome!

Especially Gnasher who said, "never mind life begins at 40 or 50, it begins when you start to live it! " Words to remember!
  • Gnasher1960
    Gnasher1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's never to late to bother. I do wish I had started earlier though! This years holiday is the first without the kids, just when I'm getting fit enough to whup my son at tennis. That would have felt sooo good.
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great,, l thought life starts at 40? Happy to know that it starts at 50! Looking forward to it.
    Life begins at 50. Didn't you know that? :)

42c1015f-ae83-48ed-be67-a091e3d77827.jpg

Wow great job !!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone who posted pictures. You inspire me to finish my journey.
  • christianivanka
    christianivanka Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wooooow congrats!!!!!
  • Brynnca
    Brynnca Posts: 11
    Options
    Saving to read later! Thanks to OP for original post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!