30 day shred

Options
I am hoping for some feed back as I am really trying hard to stay focused and do all I can. I started the 30 day shred a long while back and gave up bc the scale was moving in the wrong direction....I was gaining weight doing this and I don't know why. I see so many results on MFP for ppl who look amazing, so I thought enough ppl are doing this you all would have advise. I wan to start again but I don't want the scale to go UP....also are you supposed to do 30 days straight???

Please help

Replies

• southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    try joining this group with us, we are doing the 30DS and it is working for us. Maybe you should take measurements like we did and see how many inches you have lost while doing it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12856-fit4life-7-s-30-day-shred

You can add me as a friend - I log on daily - two and three times a day. We can encourage each other
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    Thank you... I couldn't find the group however I did add you
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    For me...I did/do it on and off. I have never gone past level 1. I like it because it is a good fast workout.
  • jdfalls
    jdfalls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this what is 30 day shred?
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I didn't complete it in 30 straight days but yes, the scale will go up slightly the first week. It's a little bit unnerving because everyone sees all the great results! Don't worry your body will catch up by the time you get to Level 2. Of course, continue to eat right and drink water, but don't give up because you don't see the changes right away. Trust me you will see them :)

ETA: I completed 30DS in about 40 days, Ripped In 30 in about 45. I also run so I only count the days I actually do it. I also run 3 days a week.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    make sure you are eating enough calories. commonly the reason ppl aren't losing when doing the shred is because they aren't eating enough, not too much. eating as clean as possible helps, Jillian will tell ya that.
    the great thing about it is - it's customizable. you can do it as little or as much as you can stand. the program gives you rest days- I do yoga on the off days for flexibility.
    you can add me for support if you like. I can't join you - my daughter has my shred DVD (lol) maybe next time

ps: if you're prone to knee probs, use knee braces
  • RiotxRiot
    RiotxRiot Posts: 14
    Options
    The idea is to do each level for 10 days but she also says you can do them as stand alone work outs. Just do what ever works for you.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters that said to take measurements instead of weighing yourself. I think you'll find the inches will come off! Drink lots of water too! Stick to it, give the whole work out a chance to do it's magic! I'm on my third try of the DVD and I WILL finish it this time. Add me if you'd like, always looking for more friends and support! :smile:
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements and weight the first day and then put them away until day 15 or so. Do level 1 five days and then take a day off. Then another five days of day one and a day off.

I'm on Day 19 and I've done all the levels ... I got bored with the other ones but just today went back and did level 1 again -- each one is TOUGH.

Have good shoes and modify the exercises if you need to.

good luck!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Take pictures & measurements, don't rely on the scale! I did it for 30 days straight, each level for 10 days in a row. The day I finished, I restarted, now doing each level for 2 days in a row and then repeated. Some people take rest days, some don't. Just do the best you can with it. You'll find that it gets easier as time goes on and you may not need/want to take rest days.
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Pictures really helped me see a change during the shred. It's also when I lost the majority of my inches. I think I maybe lost 4 pounds during the 30 days...I actually plateaued during levels 1 and 2. It's totally worth it, though!
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I did the 30 day shred (along with healthy eating and other exercise) and it really helped me lose inches more than weight! I definitely recommend taking pictures before and after (or during) you will see such a difference! Don't rely on the scale, just take pics and measurements :)
  • fitznewme2013
    Options
    i finished the 30ds a few days ago. I lost 8.4 pounds and 17inches. the first week i only lost .2 lbs. i going though all 3 levels again with more intensity because im stronger and have more endurance now so hoping to see even more results! just dont give up! i called jillian a lot of nasty names and told her i hated her on a number of occasions during the videos. haha but always felt so much better in the end!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am new to this what is 30 day shred?

Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's a workout video. Jillian has a lot of stuff and I love all of it!! Highly recommend!! She's tough but I always see results and I think she is very encouraging and motivating! Good luck!
  • pruthy
    pruthy Posts: 5
    Options
    Quite possibly you're gaining muscle before you start losing fat so while the number on the scale might be going up, your muscle mass might be going up. Also, due to hormonal fluctuations and water retention, especially before your period, you may notice a jump on the scale that has nothing to do with your workout. Tough it out and i'm sure you'll start to see the number on the scale go down. :happy:

Best of Luck to All!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I did it for 30 days straight, and gained weight, but it was muscle mass. I shrunk in size though and felt really awesome! Stick to it!!!!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i finished the 30ds a few days ago. I lost 8.4 pounds and 17inches. the first week i only lost .2 lbs. i going though all 3 levels again with more intensity because im stronger and have more endurance now so hoping to see even more results! just dont give up! i called jillian a lot of nasty names and told her i hated her on a number of occasions during the videos. haha but always felt so much better in the end!

And I too cursed her almost daily! LOL!!!!
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    Thank you all.....should I weight until I am down a few lbs FIRST and than do it?