Men with 100+ to lose.

Options
I've been on MFP for a week now and its working great. I have 4 friends on MVP who are great motivators, but I'm looking to add 5-10 men who need to lose 100+ pounds. I'm 40 y.o. and need to lose 150 pounds. I have a wife and 2 young boys that I need to be able to run a play with. If you need to lose more than 100 pounds and need accountability friend me so we can begin this journey together.

Replies

• drm180now
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this too. Had a VS operation on Thursday april 4. My weight is dropping real fast and I am a little worried it is too fast. I am following my diet and getting proteint, but I wonder if this is water weight. I have 180 to lose to reach my target. I am down from 362 to 326 or 36 lbs off my high, 22 lbs in 5 days.

Does this sound too fast or is this typical?
  • jldad
    jldad Posts: 10
    Options
    bump
  • adstar20
    adstar20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I don't have 100+ lbs to lose anymore as I am close to completing the weight loss portion of my journey, but I don't plan on leaving as I see this as a life long change. Not a diet. Started at 308 last summer. Should settle in around 190 in the next month or so, so I started with more than 100lbs to lose.

Everyone has different ways to do it, but my best advice is to eat to your target (not below), don't eat back your exercise calories (I don't even log mine), and find something athletic that you are capable of doing, that you enjoy (it doesn't hurt to have an athletic goal to work towards, for me it is a half marathon, followed by an Olympic distance tri). .

Good luck!