My first week of myfitnesspal.com

Options
So my first week gone of myfitness and Iv lost 4lbs, thats great and was so simple, now I see my calories have reduced so I need to better moniter what I eat against how I exercise, This is such a great way to track, it seems a great community of like minded people and Im proud to be a part. My company has a little weight watchers club, where we all weigh in each week and motivate each other, Iv been spreading the news about myfitness, but in our club, we each pay a pound a week, first person to lose 5lbs takes the pot, then the clock is reset. I recommend trying it in your company and get that financial motivation. Good luck and thanx to everyone. Paul

Replies

• Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey Paul

Well done re your first week's weight loss !

I've just finished week 2 & have now lost just over 1/2 a stone :) - as you say, its all about moderating portion sizes etc & is not that hard to do !

Good luck with week 2,

Angie
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Im sure your group was impressed. I just finished my first week, also had a 4 pound loss. Its weird when you put down on paper what you eat and how many calories it is, it kinda disgusts you and motivates you to eat better. I had some candy and soda at my parents house a couple nights ago, when I put it into MFP it made me sick. I went to the gym for 3 hours and burned off what I ate and 500 calories more as punishment.
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well done Paul, on losing 4lbs in your first week, that's really great x
  • SamanthaLuigie
    Options
    Hi everyone, my first week has been very interesting for the same reasons as 'Last fighter'. Sadly though, I haven't lost any weight yet. I'm getting to grips with the calories and fat intake in each food that I have. I can't believe the results when I add it to MFP. It does make you want to do more exercise to burn the calories. Feeling a bit sad about the lack of success I've had in my first week so I've just been out and completed 40 minutes of brisk walking mostly uphill. I've also discovered that my diet contains '0' iron and very little vitamin C. So thanks to MFP! My diet has always been erratic/unhealthy so this is now going to help me balance my food intake and stay healthy from now on.

Well done to everyone who had success this week! :wink:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!