I need some good tips......

Options
When I first started this new way of life (eating), I was losing 5-6 pounds per month. Now, I'm only losing 2-3 pounds per month. I've added exercise, supplements and new healthy foods. I just can't lose it the way I was before. I hit a plataue (sp?) and it's like turtle pace now.

I've added water, flaxseed, berries, almonds, cut out about 200 calories of dairy, introduced red meat again (minimal), cut out cream & sugar in my coffee, etc......

I'm looking for some good tips to get this weight loss moving again. Everything that I did cut out, I've replaced with healthy greens, fruit or protien.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

Replies

• ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink each day?
  • Snick7227
    Snick7227 Posts: 13
    Options
    Try lowering your sugar. I know when my trainer suggested that and had me below 15grams a daym it did help. Also, try switching up your eating habbits with how much protein and carbs you eat during the day. If your everyday meal plan consists of even carbs and protein then boost up the protein and cut some of the carbs. There is a possibility that your body is getting used to how you eat and in turn not allowing you to lose weight.

If you workout as well, try changing that up a bit. Make sure you get cardio in as well as weight training. I hope this helps and good luck, I know how bad it stinks to hit a plateau.
  • heididw
    heididw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I have lost 28lbs and too am stuck? Have introduced more exercise, so fingers crossed ... I do need to get better at drinking more water!

Thank you for raising the question and subsequent advise.

Heidi
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey there, a 2 to 3 pound loss a month is still a good loss - it could be that you are just setting your expectations too high. No one wants to hear it I suppose, but there is no quick fix - these things take time (unfortunately!!).

Try reading this post from Banks:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

All the best,

Erika
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink each day?

I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. I have a 64oz. jug that I fill up every morning. I drink all of that and more with smaller bottles of water throughout my house and car.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Also the closer to goal you are the slower things are going to get. I lowered my sugar grams to 15 this week to try to keep things moving. We will see next week this time if it helped.