mood swings...

Options
I am in my 50's and going through mood swings. Anyone has remedies for this? I am tired and feeling like I am in the stuffy old room. I feel like screaming. Is this normal?

Replies

• StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I do that and I'm 25!!! lol I got on Prozac!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yeah, kill him.
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    You should talk to your doctor. These seems like menopause symptoms and can last for years if not treated/taken care of...
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this would apply to you or not, but for what it's worth:
    I used to have terrible mood swings. I'd be on top of the world, happy as a clam, then an hour later I'd feel like the world was ending & nothing was worth any effort. All for no apparent reason. My doctor did some metabolism tests & recommended that I cut way back on carbs and start eating/drinking something with protein in it every three hours. It worked wonders! My moods completely straightened out, I can be happy & productive all day long now. Apparently the carbs were causing my blood sugar to spike & crash all the time. But getting my energy from slow-burning protein, and keeping my body well-stocked with it, keeps me on an even keel.

Here's hoping you figure out how to handle yours, too. Good luck!
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ahhh this is what I have to look forward to? nooooo
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked out, thyroids that are not producing the proper amounts of hormone can cause mood swings.
  • mikee1216
    mikee1216 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Exercise helps with tension and mood swings. Well at least it does for me.
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It sounds like menopause symptoms, not fun. Exercise is a great way to boost your mood swings..get fresh air and sunshine if possible. Good luck!:smile: