Good pedometer

Options
annp28
annp28 Posts: 18 Member
I want to get a good pedometer. I have a desk job and I really want to take a good look at how many steps I take a day. I have a polar FT7 heart rate monitor that I like, but I dont think it is intended to be used all of the time. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend a Fitbit One. I've had mine since Jan 19th of this year and love it.
    It counts steps, stairs climbed, gives you calories burned. You can set daily or weekly goals. It definatly motivates you to do more.

Oh yeah, bonus ... it syncs to MFP
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The Striiv is a good one, and can be ordered from Amazon.

Or if you want an iPod Nano, it comes with the Nike Fitness app--it keeps track of both walking and running, and you can track day, week, month, etc. Plus, its so lightweight and you can listen to your music while you walk!
  • xxtac66
    xxtac66 Posts: 1
    Options
    My brother got one from BestBuy that bluetooth syncs with MFP. It may be The Striiv. He loves it! I want to get one :)
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Zip and it does everything I need and syncs to MFP. I love it!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    FItBit for sure. Love mine. I am still using the Ultra but will probably spring for the new One in the near future.

I recommend reading the reviews on various websites. I have seen a lot of complaints about the Striiv, ranging from build quality to it not securely clipping to your belt/waistband. Could just be isolated incidents, but there were enough of them to give me pause about buying one. Other people really seem to like it. YMMV
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    fitbit :) --- my zip went through a wash cycle and the dryer and still works great
  • annp28
    annp28 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! FitBit seems to be the way to go. I will look online to see where I can get one.
  • HeartRateMonitorsUSA
    Options
    If you can afford the FitBit One at $99, it is a very popular model and an also track sleep. A great Pedometer in the $20 range, the Omron HJ112 or Omron HJ113 (same model as 112, color Is black versus silver) have gotten great reviews for many years.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I just retired my FitBit Ultra and bought a One. Love it.
  • JlenniferL
    JlenniferL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hubby & I both have a FitBit Zip.