I want to start drinking green tea!

Options
2»

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I drink Stash green tea and it is naturally decafeinated. Also, according to my Eat This Not That book, a USDA study has found that Stash brand green tea has highest level of antioxidants and catechins than other brands.

I drink it either with a Splenda or Agave nectar.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Actually it does have real green tea in it.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Crystal Light also has Green Tea Rasberry & Green Tea Mango/Peach Flavors for your Water.

I dont think the flavors have the same benefits as the actual teas though, does it?

Actually it does have real green tea in it.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I buy whole leaf green tea in Chinatown and drink about a litre a day. It's delicious.

Yerba mate is lovely, but it has tons of caffeine, so bear that in mind of you decide to start drinking it.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I drink Yogi Green Tea. They have one that is caffeine-free, but there are tons of varieties. My other favorite is Tulsi green tea. It has tulsi in it, which is known to calm you, which is great if you have a stressful job (like me!) Two birds, one stone! Twinnings is also good. The main thing I found was that unlike regular tea, you shouldn't brew more than 3 minutes. It makes the flavor more bitter.

There are so many varieties, it really comes down to personal taste preference. I didn't like the Tazo or several other of the "gunmetal' green teas. Seems I like the lighter variety.

I haven't tried the Stash, but after all of the raves here, I will have to try it! I sweeten with stevia (natural, no cals).
  • neglet
    neglet Posts: 20
    Options
    I really like the Tazo "Zen," which is green tea with lemongrass and mint. I use a little Splenda, but if it's hot I could probably do without, it's so refreshing.

When I have iced green tea, I like to put fresh lime juice in it to give a little more flavor.
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    I had a box of Bigelow green tea at the house and I drank 4 cups last night. This morning, I had lost .6 lbs after not losing anything for weeks. The green tea was the only thing that I did differently. So I think there really may be something to it!