HELP!! I NEED ADVICE!!

Options
so my workout consist of walking with a short jog on the treadmill for an hour. i'm now starting to get really bored with it. what are some in home cardio workouts that you would recommend?

Replies

• KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, also love her cardio kickboxing DVD.
  • emmamaree71
    Options
    jillian michaels DVDs all the way... that's how i've lost all of my weight/inches so far! i also just started doing C25K program, which definitely keeps me from getting bored with cardio because each workout incorporates more running!
  • shunta864
    shunta864 Posts: 52
    Options
    Bump
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I want something different for cardio and don't want to leave the house- I always dance!
    Not slow dancing, make sure you work up a sweat. :) Put a lot of work out moves in there and do 8 counts.
    Some punches, some squats etc. Anything that makes you feel a burn and do as many reps as you can.

I did zumba a lot before, so I throw in a lot of the zumba moves too. You can find stuff online if you're interested in it!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Insanity you def wont be bored. Lol or belly dancing
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    Youtube has a boatload of at-home workouts.
    And it is free.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Try different machines.
    Don't think of exercising so much and rather be active. Take a hike, a walk with your dog/lover. Do an activity such as bowling or anything were its burning calories but also fun.
  • Angelsrose12
    Angelsrose12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use Chalean DVD's and she has some good cardio workouts and interval training. You could dance with Wii Just Dance.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Weather is warming up..hit the outdoors!
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things you are able to do. YouTube is my go to for when I get bored of routines. Fitness Blender has a whole bunch of work-outs that you can do. If you like to dance, then look up Zumba, there are some great ones on there. There are some Yoga stuff too, and BeFit in 90 has some Jillian Michaels work-outs including 30 day shred so you don't have to buy it (wish I would have known that before I bought it!!!) There are also dvd's at wal-mart that you can try out as well, they have Biggest Loser dvd which is fun, and other yoga and dancing and kickboxing ones there as well.
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Cathe has a great selection of videos. You can also get them as downloads to put on your computer, laptop, ipad, etc.... You will never be bored! If you get the downloads you can mix them together to make new workouts!

http://www.cathedownloads.com/
    http://cathe.com/
  • chubbybunny30
    Options
    Depending on who your cable provider is, often they have workouts in the On-Demand section. I know my cable provider has probably 100 different ones, ranging from super high intensity to super low intensity (even for those with disabilities, etc). They are all free.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Running outside.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When I started 3 months ago I was just walking and then on days when it rained I still wanted to get my cardio in, so I bought the Biggest Loser DVD workout. It was under $10 bucks.
    Since I've joined the gym I don't use it as much BUT I know had I not done those work outs at home I would have never made it through the body pump classes at the gym.

Also it has larger people working out at different "levels" so you are able to workout at your pace.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Running outside.

Yep, never boring. The treadmill is only to be used if there's a thunderstorm or a zombie apocalypse outside. I'd probably still do outside with the zombies if I was carrying a shotgun. Zombie cardio is entertaining. Try it out.

Seriously there's a cool app called Zombies run! that simulates everything but the brain eating. Better run so you can keep them at a distance.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I second fitness blender. Tons of workouts and I play my own music while doing it.
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Go to you tube and check out BEFITIN 90. It's a free workout sesions that starts out slow and gradually builds. It works well and it changes up the routine, but best of all it's free!
  • zeprose
    zeprose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think high intensity workouts are the best for weight loss. Jillian Michaels' workouts are excellent especially 'kickbox fastfix' to have fun.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Dance workouts search some youtube ones they are really fun! GL!