Food decisions

Options
So I have noticed my decision making on food is drastically different than ever before. I still get a craving for french fries once in a while but even when I do give in as to not binge on them later I stick with small instead of extra large servings so to not repeat the past...Also I have noticed the roommates get a little annoyed when I don't want to eat the things they cook..Its always fried this fried that and hardly any veggies, and don't get me started on the amount of pasta and junk that is around the place....I try to explain that I need to keep within my calories or I just wont be able to reach the goals I have set for myself....cant live for anyone but myself right! Which is good because old me would just give in and say make me a plate lol...New me says let me check to see if I want to eat that or not.I also check the labels way more than I ever used to. W my last diet I never checked the labels because it was supposedly all done for me...But I want the control now...I know exactly what I am getting with it. I don't want to blindly trust someone I have never met to tell me what to do...I will do it all on my own!

Replies

• benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    That's a good choice! Congrats on living the lifestyle. Set an example for your roommates and maybe they'll follow in your foot steps. Also show them the results of eating good, and they'll be even more likely to!
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Great job. Thats the attitude and drive you need to make a successful story! Dont worry about what others think
  • jonathanharwood
    jonathanharwood Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Living with roommates who aren't on the same diet goals is super tough! Be proud of yourself for sticking with your convictions! Keep up the good work :)
  • sylf1966
    sylf1966 Posts: 52
    Options
    High five for standing your ground! I never use to count calories and now I count them all the time and scare myself when see what I use to eat! We need motivation, not temptation, so I say to my friends/family don't worry about what I'm eating, worry about what your eating. LOL, a friend asked, "How much weight are you gonna loose" (as if I were on drugs) and my response was "How much weight are you going to gain"? Hang in there!