What is something you wish you knew before your journey?

Options
Hi all, What is something you wish you knew before you started losing weight? I wish I knew how to be more patient and I knew the importance of water; now I know the importance of water and patience :) Please share your thoughts! :)

Replies

• DrWilyMD
    DrWilyMD Posts: 14
    Options
    I wish I had known what a profound effect getting in shape would have on my dating life. I mean, I knew it would help, I just had no idea to what degree. I would have done this much, much sooner had I known.
  • Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    That one should expect to get turned around now and again. It's not linear.
  • lynniemuffin
    Options
    food delivery to my home has worked the best
  • Jedil
    Jedil Posts: 62
    Options
    That I would make it. I started this journey needing to lose 174 pounds. I have lost 94 pounds so far in 16 months. I cannot see the finish line yet and I'm tired. I keep going one day at a time, one exercise at a time. I have a plan and I am sticking to it, but I am wanting to see and be the "me" that has finished this journey to being fit. I do not lack determination or will power....it has just been a long time.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It's not going to be easy.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The importance of Veges. It's better for all of us if we embrace veges. Also the animals too. I still eat meat, but my diet is 70% veges, 15%meat, 15% carb.