Analog Scales Broke

Options
Hi,

I have an analog/mechanical scale at home and for the most part it's been accurate. I weigh myself once a week.

But this morning, it was too good to be true. It had me at 5 pounds lighter, even though I'm bloated at this time of the month (I weighed myself out of curiosity). Even my waist was a little wider, naturally.

Obviously my scale has to be broke. How do I fix it?

Replies

• CielArdent9
    Options
    Bump!

OK, my scale is not broke - but something is odd. If my feet move the slightest or I am not perfectly straight or anything, my weight goes up and down easily. Like, from 187 to 185 to 181. That's a big range and I wonder if there's something wrong with my analog scale.

Does anyone recommend a good but inexpensive scale that is reliable?
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Have a look at digital scales on Amazon. We found ours on there and it switches between Stones and lbs, lbs and kg. It's nice to see fractions as well.
  • Vmax1992
    Vmax1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have found over the years that the words "inexpensive and good" don't go hand in hand often. I picked up a Withings scale...it links via wifi to the app on my Ipad. Yes, I know!!! How lazy can I get...LOL I know myself, I will weigh in once a week, but by the time I get downstairs, and get intrupted six times, I will forget to log my weight. If wifi is not something you use in your home, the same model has bluethooth as well for syncing to pads, phones etc. Inexpensive, I don't feel it was, but it fit the need.